Finally Godzilla has a new home!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

asudavew

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had a goldfish named Godzilla for about 8 years.

My son brought him home from the Carnival....

Well he's grown out of 2 tanks, but I think I finally have one big enough.

I picked up a 70 gallon tank, stand, and Eheim Canister Filter for $125.00! Gotta love Craig's List.

Anyways... I moved him and his buddies over to their new home.
I used most of the gravel from the old tank and also transferred the HOB filter (didn't want to leave all of the good stuff behind!)

Anyway... I thought I would post a few pics.
The "new" tank is no where near complete. But it's a start. I plan on adding a background and building a canopy for lighting. And I will probably paint the stand as well.

This is Godzilla in a 1 gallon bag.

He didn't really care for it....

I thought he was going to bust out!

Then in his new home

Attachments

• DSC00178-1.jpg
    DSC00178-1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC00188-1.jpg
    DSC00188-1.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 81
The old 25 gallon tank...

Attachments

• DSC00173.jpg
    DSC00173.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 93
And the new 70 gallon.

I'll post more pics as I "spiff" it up a bit in the next few weeks.

Attachments

• DSC00196.jpg
    DSC00196.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 102
Thats great.. a carnnie goldfish still and thats a bigg'n. His home looks alot better now that theres room to swim :] I like the gravel colour.

that is awesome - i love your goldfish! i am a big fan of goldfish etc, have a golden orf and a white and orange comet in my pond that are about 10 years old. i had to put them outside though, cos didnt have space for a beautiful huge tank like that!

Thanks everyone.
I actually have an Oscar in there with him.... Dang thing acts just like the goldfish... (Long story... my wife... ) crazy stuff.

Anyways... my next project.. well my next, next project (after I finish refurbishing and setting up my 110 gallon) is to install a 165 gallon indoor pond. And that will have to be Godzilla's final home.
Not sure about the Oscar yet...... I've tried moving him to other tanks .. but he pouts.. If he stays with the Goldies.. happy as a bug in a rug..

You must really be on top of their tank, My ex had a carnie fish too, it was not as big as godzilla but close, she kept him in a 10g, needless to say he did die from something overnight.

You must really be on top of their tank, My ex had a carnie fish too, it was not as big as godzilla but close, she kept him in a 10g, needless to say he did die from something overnight.

I try to keep it clean... but Goldfish (as everyone says) are DIRTY FISH.

Nitrates can easily hit 80++ in a week if the tank is over stocked..... well in the old tank they did.. Can't wait to check the new one this weekend!.

Back
Top Bottom