Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-17-2005, 09:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Finally got some "Hydro Sponge" filters...

Well I finally found some complete unused "Hydro Sponge" filters today... I've seen the sponge replacements at Petland but no complete setups... I saw them at a Winnipeg shop today... I got four of the Hydro Sponge III (#3) for $17.99 each. I wasn't sure if that price was worth it but I checked MOPS web site today and I saw they sell them for $13.99, so I guess it would be the sme as having bought four from that online site, and paying $16 shipping. The above prices do NOT include taxes. All dollar amounts are Canadian --- Multiply by 0.85 to get amount in US dollars.

I hooked one up tonight in my 55-gallon as a supplementary filtration method to the Rena Filstar XP3. Has anyone else noticed sponge filters don't seem to be available in their home areas as theyy once were? Mind you, every tank in the shop where I bought these had one (or more) sponge filters. No one wants to sell 'em it seems. Anyway, I bought all four #3 the store had, so they were happy I think.

Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 4 line(s).
BrownBullhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 12:53 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
I have a bunch of the #1 filters that I got for a very good price when our club sponsored the CAOAC convention. They are a great filter, but seem quite pricey in the stores. They are much cheaper if you buy them from the US.

Join a fish club. Don't have one in your area? Start one.
BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:18 PM   #3
God of primitive fishes
Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
I am running about 12 of those guys, but found a local-ish (Edmonton)shop that sells an identical filter (except for colour...the plastic is black and the sponge a bit darker) directly imported from China..for $6-$8 CDN each (only equivalent sizes 1-3)....so I am buying a few on my next trip up.
G. A. Christian Bilou, Herpetologist
Founder/Director, Reptile Rescue Alberta
Past-President, Calgary Aquarium Society
Toirtis is offline   Reply With Quote

filter, filters, sponge

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com