Finally got some "Hydro Sponge" filters...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownBullhead

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well I finally found some complete unused "Hydro Sponge" filters today... I've seen the sponge replacements at Petland but no complete setups... I saw them at a Winnipeg shop today... I got four of the Hydro Sponge III (#3) for $17.99 each. I wasn't sure if that price was worth it but I checked MOPS web site today and I saw they sell them for $13.99, so I guess it would be the sme as having bought four from that online site, and paying $16 shipping. The above prices do NOT include taxes. All dollar amounts are Canadian --- Multiply by 0.85 to get amount in US dollars.

I hooked one up tonight in my 55-gallon as a supplementary filtration method to the Rena Filstar XP3. Has anyone else noticed sponge filters don't seem to be available in their home areas as theyy once were? Mind you, every tank in the shop where I bought these had one (or more) sponge filters. :) No one wants to sell 'em it seems. Anyway, I bought all four #3 the store had, so they were happy I think. :)

I have a bunch of the #1 filters that I got for a very good price when our club sponsored the CAOAC convention. They are a great filter, but seem quite pricey in the stores. They are much cheaper if you buy them from the US.

I am running about 12 of those guys, but found a local-ish (Edmonton)shop that sells an identical filter (except for colour...the plastic is black and the sponge a bit darker) directly imported from China..for $6-$8 CDN each (only equivalent sizes 1-3)....so I am buying a few on my next trip up. :D

Back
Top Bottom