Finally more than danios. :grin:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cJw

Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome my new additions - 3 peppered corys!

img_388171_0_79f983100449d7dc8607f807236b21bf.jpg

This is Moe - Larry and Curly were still hiding. ;)

img_388171_1_b79c4905d8337def1f9def9f9fb80663.jpg

Those danios are pretty chunky - are they pregnant or well fed? lol

grrrr...photos are blocked! :(

cJw - If possible, please put pics in your gallery... 8O

And...congratulations on completing your cycle and adding those cories.

:D Thanks cjw! I hate it when nice pics are posted and I can't see them while at work :twisted:

The cories are cuties and I love the 2nd pic with the peppers and danios together. :D

Jchillin - With all the room (psyeah) in that tank, I'm still shocked I got 7 out of the 9 fish in the tank in that pic - iirc, this wasn't a feeding time, either! Camera hungry danios. :lol:

Psy - I think the danios are going back to an lfs, if I can find one that wants 'em. Need to make room for teh gouramis. :D

RoK - I had a choice between peppered, albino and green - the decision was a simple one. :p

Yeah - as it is right now, I'm planning on getting some rummy nose tetras, and eventually move the Pearl Danios out, so I'll have one 'school' of schooling fish.

So, once there's 8-10 rummies and the 3 cories -

2-3 loaches (depending on room)
3 oto cats (waiting for algae - how long post-cycle do I wait for this?)
3 gourami - colors yet to be decided

So, in total, I'm looking @

8 rummies (@ 12-16")
3 cories (@ 6")
3 oto cats (@ 4.5")
3 gourami (@ 12")

For a total of about 35" w/out the loaches. . . so someone tell me the 'clean up crew' adds less to the bioload. :?

I don't think otos have that much effect ont the bio-load but not totally sure.
Oh, and remember to only get 1 male gourami or you could get all females, if you want. The males look better IMO though. :wink:

The plan is to get one male and a couple fems. . . I don't really want to deal with aggression, so he'll be 'king' of the tank. Now I just need to decide on what color gourami. :d

Don't I remember seeing that you can't (safely) mix dwarves and standard gourami? So that option is out. . . hrm.

Research time. ;)

Wow; check out the sparkling gourami - coming soon!

Apparently, they only get 1.5" long, but they're pretty pretty! :D

Anyway, I think I'd look into getting a male opaline (your avatar is a great example) and maybe two female golds. I think, of opaline, gold, pearl, and 3 spot, these two would be my preference.

Anyway, here's to hoping that url link worked and that someday my preview function will work again. :\

I got my cories from my LFS, which is 10 mins from me, and a great little store I'm happy to support.

Their gourami, however, are not in the best shape - it looks like the best get bought up quickly and the remainder (humpbacks, uglyfish, etc) get to stick around and be orphans.

I just might be getting the gourami from livestock.com, unless I see someone else recommend something that ships quicker to KY. . .

I went and checked liveaquaria out, though, and it seems the SnH would cost most than the fish themselves, so I may be shoppin' around to find some lfs with nice gourami.

Or I could have my LFS order 'em for me, special-like. They would do that - I bring my adorable 13 mo old daughter in there with me - they cannot resist. :d

Maybe you could go on the day they get the shipment in so you could get one/some of the nicer looking ones? :|

Back
Top Bottom