Finally, Otto's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

First my LFS gets Yo Yo's and then they specially ordered Otto's for me. I guess the manager sees how much money I blow through. Yo Yo's and Otto's are two fish that you dont see everyday in Boston. Here is one of my new Otto's

Welcome to the club! How many did you get? What are you feeding them?

I was worried about my guys not having enough to eat in my too-clean aquarium, but once I added enough driftwood, they fattened right up.

Sorry I did not respond sooner. I got 5. I think there is enough food for them, however I did a lot of reading on how they can starve easy so I am supplementing a sinking algae pellets.

My Otos LOVE Hikari sinking algae tablets. I bought a nice piece of driftwood this weekend, and will be placing it in either my well-established 38 or my newly established 20L. The driftwood is soaking now, and I'll be be boiling it on Tuesday.

Otos are terrific to have in a tank. My local PetCo has them in stock all the time and they always look healthy; I guess I'm just lucky.

DarylF2 said:
My Otos LOVE Hikari sinking algae tablets. I bought a nice piece of driftwood this weekend, and will be placing it in either my well-established 38 or my newly established 20L. The driftwood is soaking now, and I'll be be boiling it on Tuesday.

Otos are terrific to have in a tank. My local PetCo has them in stock all the time and they always look healthy; I guess I'm just lucky.

My otos love those as well. The other day, all 6 of them were on 1 of the Hikari Algae Wafers. Was a cool site to see, lol.

Hrm... Perhaps I should try ditching the ones I have and buying fresh, because mine don't seem to like them. I get some response with zucinni, but for the most part they'd rather hang out on the driftwood.

Zucchini has done well for me and my 5 Otos. They seem to like it quite a bit.

They are hard to come by in my area. So when I see a healthy bunch, I get 4 or 5.

They WERE very hard to come by in my area before, i had to get them ordered in as a special order from my LFS. I got only two, because those were th only healthy ones. Now all my LFS's have them, even wal-mart for 1/3 the price i paid for them

Anyway, i feed mine carrots, zuccini, pellets, and bloodworms which they atually love!

Sorry for responding on an older post, couldent resist. lol

Back
Top Bottom