Fire Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redchick2

Aquarium Advice Freak
The attached pics are of the new Lysmata debelius. He is soo fun to watch. the LFS guy said he would clean the fish, after watching him, not a doubt in my mind he would love to "clean" a fish or two. He really wants to "clean" the peppermint shrimp most of all....

Attachments

• DSCF0510.jpg
    DSCF0510.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF0490.jpg
    DSCF0490.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCF0477.jpg
    DSCF0477.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 93
Try sticking your arm in the tank near it. Cleaners will try to clean your arm too. Cleaning the cuticles can hurt some times...

shrimp

Very cool looking shrimp!! do they actually clean the fish making them healthier or do they just eat them?

Mine was aggressive toward the fish at first, but I think it was only afraid. Now that it found it's little niche in the tank, it ignores the fish. It would probably clean parasites if it wasn't so busy eating the "easy" food. :)

Beautiful shrimp!

:( I cant have any shrimp because of my trigger.

This one does most of the time. He comes out in the dark, and when there if fresh food, but prefers to stay hidden.

I've always loved shrimp, be it fresh water or salt. And that one is sooo red!

Wow what a beauty. I always wanted a Fire Shrimp, but I plan on getting a Coral Banded can they co-exist? BTW the tank is a 20G long

I know the coral banded will try to eat smaller shrimp, but the fire shrimp is relatively large. When I first got the fire he chased the peppermint a bit, but I think he was just trying to establish his little niche in the world.

That is a beautiful shrimp i actually think im going to get one or two on wednesday lol two quick questions for ya how much did it cost (curious to compare prices) and how did u aclimate it it seemed to work out well :) I REALLY LIKE YOURS THEY ARE BEAUTYS!!!

He is enjoyable, just very shy. It was on sale for 18.00 when I got it, but the LFS I use usually sells them for around 23.00. When I got him home I poured him into a 2 gallon container. I very scientifically <blush> poured 'bout 1/2 of a coffeecup of aquarium water in with him every 15-20 min. When the jug was full, I poured him into the aquarium. It took a little over an hour to fill the jug up. He never acted like he was shocked. Just found a place to hang out and chased off anything that came near him.

The CBS can become quite nasty to other tank critters. For some strange reason, I really haven't been interested in a CBS.

Back
Top Bottom