First 135g SW up and running

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjsp1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well I finally got my first SW set up. I dont have anything live in it yet other than a few critters that came in the live sand that I put in the sump. When I bought the tank (off of Craigs List) the LR that came with it wasnt so live anymore but I think that is working out ok because the ammonia is rising and I didnt have to add anything to get it started. As soon as the cycle is done I am going to add some more LR and the clean up crew. Here are some pics as I added things. Now that this one is up and running and all I am doing is waiting around on the cycle I was thinking of how bored I am going to get so I went and did again.....I found a 150g on Craigs list and I just had to have it.....this one was set up FW so its going to take a while to get it going.....guess I wont be bored now:D

my wife has since banned me from Craigs list;)

Attachments

• just added salt.jpg
    just added salt.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 79
  • added LR.jpg
    added LR.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 4days running.jpg
    4days running.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 86
hey!
sorry for the late reply, i hope youre still here! im excited to see how your tank unfolds.. keep the pictures coming and if you have any questions please ask, i have lots of information and ive been in saltwater for about 5 years now... dont be afraid to ask.. once again the tank looks great... i stress stress stress, patience... dont rush..
aaron

Not going to paint the background, huh?

Also, is that a window nearby? Gotta watch for the ambient light and and algea growth becasue of it if so.

Good luck and definitely keep us posted.

few more pics

Thanks everyone.....I didnt think it turned out too bad for my first one. I added about 30lbs of LR today and was planning on getting just a few of the clean up crew because I was told that I need to get at least a few in there so that the brown algae didnt get away from me and take over the tank. This was the first time that I had been to this LFS where I got the LR and he said "no way not this soon in the cycle" and he wouldnt sell me any. I already have a little bit of algae showing up. What should I do??

the tank is 72"L x 17"T x 24"W

The back is not painted but it is covered with blue backing these pics might show that a little better. That window is really close but it only has the morning sun coming through it for a couple of hours and I very rarely open those blinds so I am hoping it wont affect the tank too much. I really didnt have anywhere else to put it.

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 79
It looks like it is going to be wonderful. I cannot wait for mine. I am not a patient person either. This has been a real challenge for me to wait on everything.

For a first tank you really started out nice with that tank. Good luck and feel free to ask if you need anything. Welcome to AA

Back
Top Bottom