Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-18-2011, 12:05 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcion View Post
Okay thats really helpful thanks. Its tricky getting the right temperature, but it should be okay (:

So what do you keep in your tank? Because even rainbow sharks are quite picky ive heard? And especially red tailed, theyre hard to find tank mates for! :P
I haven't had too much trouble with my rainbow. He's in a 60 gal with 4 angels, 2 bristlenose plecos, 1 raphael cat, 2 apple snails and one each dwarf gouramie, platy and serpae tetra. The last three had all been part of a school, either in this tank or others, but their tankmates died, so they are all that is left. I know I should probably have more of the last three but that tank is close to overstocked. Not alot of trouble with the shark in there. He'll chase the smaller fish on occasion, but they have plenty of places to hide. And the angels definitely don't take no crap from him!

Old 05-18-2011, 06:43 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thats quite interesting... Sounds like a beautiful tank, bubbling with life :P
If angelfish work then theres 2 golden marbeled down my local store, their absolutely beautiful (:
Do you have a favourite fish in your tank?

Ps. Temperature of my water is staying at about 26*c... Is that okay?

Old 05-18-2011, 08:43 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thank you. That tank just got over an ammo spike which made the shark sick. Had to put him in QT and do daily w/c's in the 60 gal to get it down, which is a pain because I don't have a Python, so I was hauling 4-5 five gallon buckets evey day! Whew! But its under control now. Out of all of my fish, I actually like goldfish the best. I have a 55 gal with two orandas and a ryukin.

I wish I could remember the name of this one angel that I have. It reminds me of a jeweled purse, its very metallic and almost looks like its made of gold beads. There is a name for it and my brain isn't awake yet. But I have that angel, named Diamond and then a black marble, a solid gold and a "normal" silver one, the kind with the black stripe?

Umm... don't do metric. I don't know what temp 26 is in "american" temperatures! LOL. Help, someone?
Old 05-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Temperature Converter - Fahrenheit and Celsius (Centigrade)

quick answer , 26 celsius = 79 american.

I usually just google "temperature conversion"
Deep Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Oh, I finally remembered the name of my favorite angel. It always escapes me, don't know why. He's a pearlscale angel.

Thanks deep seven. Just too lazy to google in the middle of posting!
Old 05-24-2011, 04:10 PM   #16

Thats a beautiful anglefish!!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:53 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

i have my betta in a 5 gallon. He's happy :/
Old 05-25-2011, 09:10 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks Halcion. I wish i was better at posting pics. Ive never seen a pearlscale before and the minute I saw him I snagged him. Or her I guess, since she's the one that lays eggs.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcion View Post
Dont worry, my fault completely!
And yeah, i think its that people dont realise the fragility of fish, and that their certain conditions must be met (:

And originally i had planned for 3 Ottos, and 4 Fancy guppies. But, when i got home this evening, (after id written the original post) i found that my gf had brought me a 55gallon tank for our anniversary! Needless to say i was overwhelmed and speechless!

So i intend to get a Red Tailed Black Shark, (because their amazingly cool) and im not sure what else.
And do you know about temperatures, because thats mostly whats concerning me atm :P

Cheers
redtail sharks are awesome, but i wish that they would like to school. They get aggressive around there own kind. Mine likes to hide for a little bit and then he comes out to scavenge. I have him in a community tank and he doesnt show any signs of aggression.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:36 PM   #20

Acctually, in bigger groups of 6ish you can school red tailed sharks. But that could get quite an expensive fishing shop! :P

And i think if u put a male with a few females then thats okay aswell, because in my local fish store they have 6 or 7 in a tank with a frog and some snails :P

Tags
first tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com