flower horn??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's really cool I will try sumthin like that lol do u think ur friend would b interested n selling him? I think it would b great if mine is female (I have a feeling it is) and I could find one with the same coloring! They would have sum very beautiful babies

Not sure if she'd ever sell him, he's her favorite fish!!! He's totally her wet dog she's showed me some vids of him and he loves his mommy LOL

Toys are actually a good idea. Flowerhorns tend to get bored. Mine would spit water and gravel out of the tank to grab my attention.

Sexing is easier to tell if you look up pictures. They have particular differences in fins and their vent shapes. I would say to look up pictures. Females can also get a kok (the hump) too. And some males never develop a kok. So, that's not always the best way to tell.

And the sizes are all pretty up in the air. Because they are hybrids, there is a pretty big stretch on how big they get. Some will stay around eight inches and some will push towards twenty. It depends on their genetics and from what I have read, there are freaks that pop up every now and then.

Bare bottom tanks are pretty common when seeing pictures of people's flowerhorn. Many are breeders, so a bare bottom tank is easier. Or the fact that they are crazy interior decorators.

Good luck with yours!

Oh and American Cichlid Association posted an article on this fish:
Amphilophus hogaboomorum. I saw it and thought of you (sorry to sound weird). A flowerhorn could have been crossed with a red terror very closely in line to your flowerhorn, causing your's coloration. Just a thought.

Shay said:
Not sure if she'd ever sell him, he's her favorite fish!!! He's totally her wet dog she's showed me some vids of him and he loves his mommy LOL

Ok lol I understand completely SRY took so long to txt bk but apparently there is a really bad bug goin around and lucky me....yea :( thanx again for all the info

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Oh and American Cichlid Association posted an article on this fish:
Amphilophus hogaboomorum. I saw it and thought of you (sorry to sound weird). A flowerhorn could have been crossed with a red terror very closely in line to your flowerhorn, causing your's coloration. Just a thought.

Hey thanx for the link I checked it out and u could b on to sumthin there! and u don't sound wierd at all I'm jus glad u thought of me lol nice to no sum1 is taking a genuine interest n the aqautic plights of my mundane life :)

Back
Top Bottom