Fluval Flex setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IHaveAquariums

Aquarium Advice Freak
Santa brought me a Fluval Flex 9 this year so I thought I'd make a thread of everything I do with it and take pictures to watch it's progression! Yesterday I made a stand for it that fits perfectly since I didn't have one for it but it won't let me upload a picture of it :/ Going out today to look for after Christmas sales and pick up some plant substrate :) IMG_20171225_065659851.jpg

Nice! What ideas do you have for stocking?
I've thought about the idea of a killi with some pygmy Cory's, but I'm not sure a killi would be good long term, also considering peacock gudeons, Mexican dwarf lobster is also a thought here they look really cool to me, any ideas on stocking here would be greatly appreciated because there is a lot to choose from haha!

Heres it on it's stand, I then filled it with a layer of flourite red about 1.5 inches deep and filled it letting it cycle around so the dust settles, the reviews online were right this was super dusty!IMG_20171226_191936403.jpg IMG_20171226_184610690.jpg

I have been thinking of getting one of these
I really like it, when I first filled it up the water pump was a little noisy but it was because of the air bubbles and now that they're gone, it's super quiet. The lights are really nice and have a lot of options. Good sized heater compartment in the back and it's a perfect little tank!

Tossed in a Val and Java fern to get them some good light, will be changing it up tommorow IMG_20171231_001538251.jpg

Changed some water, planted the plants down, and added 2 new pieces of small wood just to get them soaking, just randomly added them in and it doesn't look too bad! I will be adding more plants and the like later on but this is it for now :) IMG_20180101_172730056_HDR.jpg

Forgot to add pics but added a piece of wood in, nice centerpiece, gonna put some sponge or floss in the output because it's a little strong for my betta but he's managing IMG_20180108_093156943.jpgIMG_20180108_093200379.jpg

tank looks awesome but that stand scares me just looking at the construction I wouldn't trust it
it looks like if someone was to brush up against it it could collapse . free standing legs like that could just fold up with no warning . also looking at boards only secured on one side , something I wouldn't want to happen to that nice tank.

attachment.php

Last edited:
tank looks awesome but that stand scares me just looking at the construction I wouldn't trust it
it looks like if someone was to brush up against it it could collapse . free standing legs like that could just fold up with no warning . also looking at boards only secured on one side , something I wouldn't want to happen to that nice tank.

attachment.php
Yeah it sorta does doesn't it, I'll take better pictures of it but it was made pretty sturdy, it has a 2x2 center brace under the tank, the tank is on mdf board supported on all sides by wood on the inside and all of the legs are screwed in with 3 inch screws, it held me and I weigh 170~, my cats also jumped off the top and it hasn't shook too much so it seems good haha

attachment.php
Here's what it look like underneath, with all the weight on the top it's pretty sturdy and doesn't wobble much

IMG_20180113_202111762.jpgIMG_20180113_202021027.jpg

Also while I'm here I added a betta and 3 peacock gudeons who will all be moved to w 20g long soon

Here's what it look like underneath, with all the weight on the top it's pretty sturdy and doesn't wobble much

Oh it doesn't wobble "Much"

that's what scares me as it shouldn't wobble at all

it's a safety concern someone can get hurt really bad , figure approx 250lbs sitting on the top of the stand , look how unsecured those legs are attached (3 screws) . nothing is tied together making that stand a ticking time bomb.

all it will take someone brushing up against the tank to cause one of those legs to shift.
If you have younger brothers and sisters and they lean up against the tank that is a big concern they can be seriously hurt.

look at how those legs are attached on your stand nothing supporting them from shifting top or bottom . that construction is unsafe and someone can get hurt if it lets go.

are you willing to risk the tank falling busting into 1000's little pieces. or someone getting hurt . I'm not even concerned the mess it will make if it falls . safety is the
biggest concern

take note how everything on this stand is tied together nothing can shift nor collapse

attachment.php

Alrighty, true don't want to risk it with this tank. I'll look around and see what I could do to reinforce it. I only have the 9 gallon version so it's actually only about 90lbs, still I'll definitely try to figure this out. Thanks for the input here!

Back
Top Bottom