Free fish! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bmtiz92

Aquarium Advice Activist
Soo I was prowling my LFS store today and noticed this beautiful German blue ram in with some discus fish. He was the only one and seemed rather shy and overwhelmed by such big fish with him/her. As I was watching the GBR, the owner of the store came up and asked if I was interested in it, I told him yes but didn't really have the money for it right now. He said since he'd seen me in the store so much he'd give him to me if I gave him a good home where he wasn't stressed! So, here he/she is!

image-1593111912.jpg
Btw, pardon the water dribbles on the front of the tank, been cleaning today and need to wash it off!

I had an opportunity to get two dwarf puffers for free but just don't have the space :(. And he looks amazing!

That would be a LFS I would be sure to spread the word around about. I have a great store near me I brag about when it comes to healthy fish and corals. They know I brag about them.

Thanks everyone! She (I'm thinking it's a girl because of the purple on her belly) is doing very well, darting around like crazy and eating like a champ! Everything I'd read said that GBR's are usually aggressive, but I don't think she got that memo. I'm anxious to be able to move her to my 36 gallon when it is stable, I can't wait to watch her swim around with all that room. She's not too very small, the guppy was on front and also darting do it makes her look so tiny. My LFS is amazing, if you don't have the right tank for the fish, or right setup, you don't get the fish. They are very knowledgable and friendly, and started the shop simply because they love fish and want to share that with other people. It isn't just a money maker for them, they take amazing care of their fish.

Very cute! I would say female too. She does look tiny, I was supprised that my ram stayed so small. Mine only got a bit aggressive during feeding, but he had to compete with 8 neon tetras, so it's understandable. Otherwise he was very sweet.

I stuck with the same water changing schedule I always did, 25% a week, and he was fine.

Edit: Oops, just realized I'm a little late on this, sorry!

Tropical said:
Very cute! I would say female too. She does look tiny, I was supprised that my ram stayed so small. Mine only got a bit aggressive during feeding, but he had to compete with 8 neon tetras, so it's understandable. Otherwise he was very sweet.

I stuck with the same water changing schedule I always did, 25% a week, and he was fine.

Edit: Oops, just realized I'm a little late on this, sorry!

Thanks! I am surprised at how small she stayed. She is now in my 36 gallon and just happy as can be. I didn't think she could get any prettier but since moving her to the 36 I swear she glows! She is not aggressive at all, and actually seems to have buddied up with one of my guppies. She's become my absolute favorite fish and is just so beautiful. I'm seriously considering get a couple more GBRs now. Honestly, if I wouldn't miss my other fish so much, I'd just have a GBRS tank.

I felt the same way. My male GBR was so nice, I wanted to get a female but was worried about aggression/territory issues. He died a little while ago, and I'm thinking of getting a male/female or female/female pair.

Back
Top Bottom