Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-21-2012, 04:04 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Freshwater or marine?

I currently have a 135L freshwater tank and am looking to changed it for a marine tank. Can anybody tell me the pros and cons for both tanks

Old 11-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

to AA!
What do you mean the pros of fresh vs saltwater? If so imo its all about your tastes of style you like. Saltwater especially with a small tank is a little more work.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:42 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi Live Life! Welcome to AA!
Being that 135L is roughly 35 or so US gallons you could go with way. I'm a freshwater person (born, bred, water fed Oorah!) so I always lean toward the freshie side of things but its whatever you would think that you would enjoy the most. Look into what's accessible in your area, for example my local fish store is mainly freshwater so its easier to go there for my supplies. Its not up to us to decide for you what you should do because at the end of the day its only you that has to be happy with the end result
Old 11-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #4

I've always liked freshwater better. I feel that the fish have more personality, and you can do more with a freshwater tank than you can with a saltwater. Also if you don't do corals, the tank will never really change. It'll just be the same rock formation all the time. Saltwater is more work. But saltwater tanks and fish are more colorful and many times beautiful.

It all depends on what you prefer. As for me, I'm a freshwater person all the way. I even tried saltwater and hated it. You might be different.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly_koi
Hi Live Life! Welcome to AA!
Being that 135L is roughly 35 or so US gallons you could go with way. I'm a freshwater person (born, bred, water fed Oorah!) so I always lean toward the freshie side of things but its whatever you would think that you would enjoy the most. Look into what's accessible in your area, for example my local fish store is mainly freshwater so its easier to go there for my supplies. Its not up to us to decide for you what you should do because at the end of the day its only you that has to be happy with the end result
Hi butterfly_koi thanks for your point of view
Old 11-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafanatic
I've always liked freshwater better. I feel that the fish have more personality, and you can do more with a freshwater tank than you can with a saltwater. Also if you don't do corals, the tank will never really change. It'll just be the same rock formation all the time. Saltwater is more work. But saltwater tanks and fish are more colorful and many times beautiful.

It all depends on what you prefer. As for me, I'm a freshwater person all the way. I even tried saltwater and hated it. You might be different.
Hi Bettafanatic thanks for your point of view

Tags
freshwater, marine

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com