FW - SW and too many tanks quandary!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Seems a little too much of a good thing can cause problems.

Too many tanks!!!

This week and next I will be getting 5 new tanks (2 NIB Chi for later projects not now).

Today begins the quandary with 2 tanks for me - one is a Fluval Edge like the other one I have, a 6.6G and I already have a 12G Edge so those will go on a long cabinet - tall 12G flanked by the 2 6.6G. No problem there. Except to get all the things moved around (not an issue immediately)

Immediate issue.

The other tank is a 46G Euro (long) style bowfront tank Yipee!!!

I also got more FW fish with the 46G - the issue with them is a big Angelfish, I think a female will not work into my 72G (note all my present tanks in my signature)

All little tanks basically.

The 46G looks like it might be going SW. An upgrade to a tank I don't love a oak tan Jebo. A great tank but it is the color which is an issue atm / Clashing in the LR. Ruining a otherwise harmonious aesthetic. :lol: As much as possible for a big room which doubles as a living room and a fish room:whistle:

Positive side- When the opportunity popped up to get the 46G I immediately thought SW FOWLR (and a couple little corals) since it is a black rim tank and would look great as a frame for the white sand and whitish rock.

Negative side - 3 weeks ago I was going to find the Saddleback Clowns a new home and downsize to only a nano SW Mr Aqua 11.7G (the one I am supposed to pick up next week)

Positive side - FW - More room for Angelfish and maybe do a new kind of Rainbow Fish, have Boesemani Rainbow in the 72G, or let the Angels raise a spawn - still downsize the SW.

Negative side - FW- Just one more tank to clean and take care of with fish very similar to the other tank.

The multiplicity of issues is that I am presently in the reducing pain (opposite of growing pain lol) downsizing the number of tanks I have. (not quite enough time to everything the way I would want to do it)

As a side note, from 2-3 years ago I am down from 13 containers of fish to maybe tomorrow 6 and then next week 7. See the problem here, an increase in numbers...not a decrease. There is a problem of not having enough room for them all too.

Any thoughts, revelations, insight, comments?

If your living arrangements allow, you can always paint the oak jobber black to keep your esthetic (important!)

Frankly, as long as you can maintain the tanks and it remains pleasurable, doesn't cause conflict with family conflict, and you can afford the upkeep, I don't see that there is such thing as too many, lol.

Keeping two tanks with similar fish is great - if that's what you want to do.
I've done it but used different scaping techniques, and learned a lot about what the fish like better by playing with the current, providing differing substrates, types of hiding places, that kind of thing.

I need to update my profile; I'm currently running over 800 gallons at home, almost 400 gallons at my business and I'm the only volunteer at our animal shelter that knows how to clean aquariums, so I maintain their 210 gallon, which is expanding because we are about half way through a 475 gallon indoor pond build for the koi.

In short, do what you believe will bring you the most pleasure - I always have too many fish projects going at once - keeps it fresh.

Back
Top Bottom