Gary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettababe1011

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can you guess what he is? Yup, he's a snail. A gold mystery snail that I bought at Walmart. He seems very healthy for a Walmart animal, and I'm pleased. He is in a 3.5 gallon temporarily with my ACF. He was the largest snail in Walmart, so there's no way the frog can eat him. The frog so far has ignored Gary. I'm cycling a ten gallon right now for the frog and snail to eventually go into. I got the snail because I could not keep up with algae, but then a space became available in my room for an aquarium, and it's out of the sun now. Algae should not be a problem anymore, but I had fallen in love with the idea of a snail, so now I have Gary. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

Thanks. I'm glad to have him. At the store he came off the wall easily, but then he stayed closed for a long time, and I began to worry. Then after I had finished acclimating him, he had just begun to peek back out. I tried to get him in the net, and gently deposit him in the tank, but he was sticking to the back as if saying, "No!! I'm happy here thank you very much!". After some gentle pushing with the net he finally went back in his shell and I was able to put him in the tank. He's fine, and wasn't hurt in the experience.

I bought a gold and a blue MS today and I had the same experience. And one happened to be named Gary :p Must be popular.

Lol. I love my little Gary. I just remembered that when I was a little girl, I wanted a pet snail, and I was gonna name it Gary, just like Spongebob. Lol, now I finally fulfilled that.

And pictures of my Gary.

Attachments

• image-1757353557.jpg
    image-1757353557.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 83
  • image-1352029977.jpg
    image-1352029977.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 81
  • image-4156760389.jpg
    image-4156760389.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 96
  • image-2806255035.jpg
    image-2806255035.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 102
  • image-1033017145.jpg
    image-1033017145.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 79
  • image-2853301668.jpg
    image-2853301668.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 69
It's so fun to watch him eat. And when I brought him home it took him like three days to actually come out and start moving, but now he's all over the place!!

You know, only us aquarium people would say, "Oh, that snail is cute!". I posted on Facebook that I was naming my new snail Gary, and some one said, "You're naming a snail?". Lol. Us aquarists are truly awesome!!

Omg I totally agree....lol animals can be babies too....ours just happen to live in the water!!! ;o) I have furry babies too tho....2 kitty kats and a Chihuahua

Thanks, itsgracia.

My Gary is my baby. Along with my guppies, two bettas, a frog, zebradanios, and peppered cories. All of my aquatic friends are my babies.

You can see what else I have in the Other Animal Friends thread. Gotta keep this one on topic.

Back
Top Bottom