giant African shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally got a picture of my lava snail!1387717482955.jpg1387717482955.jpg

53 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank

Attachments

• 1387717524511.jpg
    1387717524511.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 88
I'm doing this on my phone so I just saw you lava snail pics. I'll have to learn more about them. Your snail looks awesome. Is it African? I'd love to have an African tank someday.

I'm doing this on my phone so I just saw you lava snail pics. I'll have to learn more about them. Your snail looks awesome. Is it African? I'd love to have an African tank someday.

Not sure if it is African? Now I'll have to go and read! It likes the same temp and ph as my shrimp So he fit's in there perfectly, the lava is actually a member of the nerite family and love's the algae so he's handy :)

It's Asia!

No confusion. I like biotypes so now I want an Asian tank for a lava snail, lol. Love that it is a good algae eater.

I only have a South American tank now, so mystery snails are a good fit there.

No confusion. I like biotypes so now I want an Asian tank for a lava snail, lol. Love that it is a good algae eater.

I only have a South American tank now, so mystery snails are a good fit there.

Really enjoy my mystery snails the colors you get them in can be really pretty.

Does anyone know a good place I could get an assassin shrimp near cincinati or offline

Also the main reason I got on this post was to ask where you guys got rabbit snails because I want one very bad and have been looking for about two months

Also the main reason I got on this post was to ask where you guys got rabbit snails because I want one very bad and have been looking for about two months

Sorry I'm in the UK.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi, just spotted this via a search engine. I bought one African filter shrimp a few years ago, didn't know what it was a the time but looked cool. Never seen them at lfs since. Unfortunately it escaped out of the tank a while later which was sad. However we then discovered about a year later 2 more in the tank which we didn't buy and was pretty odd since I can't find anywhere saying they've been successfully bred in captivity. Only thing I can assume is that the one I bought was pregnant, gave birth then went for a wonder out of the tank. I love the two I have though, we call them big Fred and little Fred :)

Hi, just spotted this via a search engine. I bought one African filter shrimp a few years ago, didn't know what it was a the time but looked cool. Never seen them at lfs since. Unfortunately it escaped out of the tank a while later which was sad. However we then discovered about a year later 2 more in the tank which we didn't buy and was pretty odd since I can't find anywhere saying they've been successfully bred in captivity. Only thing I can assume is that the one I bought was pregnant, gave birth then went for a wonder out of the tank. I love the two I have though, we call them big Fred and little Fred :)

That's cool! I would love that :) babies! I've also read they're hard too breed. i target feed mine and I'm always looking for new things to give them what does yours enjoy?
Love the names my son calls mine mozzi, molly and Holly Lol i really enjoy mine they're so different to have.

Mine are in a community tank with a few guppies, platys, corys, ghost shrimp and asian filter shrimp. I don't target feed them but they seem happy. They love the driftwood and have dug a network under it coming out to sit on top whenever it's tea time! I tend to rotate what I feed them, a combination of flake, frozen mixed and bloodworm. I haven't tried anything else. They are my favourites though :)

Mine are in a community tank with a few guppies, platys, corys, ghost shrimp and asian filter shrimp. I don't target feed them but they seem happy. They love the driftwood and have dug a network under it coming out to sit on top whenever it's tea time! I tend to rotate what I feed them, a combination of flake, frozen mixed and bloodworm. I haven't tried anything else. They are my favourites though :)

Thanks, what does your Asian filter shrimp look like haven't heard off them before is it a bamboo?
Oh and welcome to the forum :)

Yes, they're also known as bamboo shrimp. They get along well with the african filter shrimp but big Fred does sometimes get grumpy when one clambers on top of him! The ghost shrimp get along with them well also, especially when they come to shed, the ghost shrimp rather round and pick at them as if they're helping and they obviously don't mind as they let them do it. The first time I panicked that they had gone rogue and were attacking the poor little Fred! Thanks for the welcome btw, loved your pics, will try to get some of mine :)

Yes, they're also known as bamboo shrimp. They get along well with the african filter shrimp but big Fred does sometimes get grumpy when one clambers on top of him! The ghost shrimp get along with them well also, especially when they come to shed, the ghost shrimp rather round and pick at them as if they're helping and they obviously don't mind as they let them do it. The first time I panicked that they had gone rogue and were attacking the poor little Fred! Thanks for the welcome btw, loved your pics, will try to get some of mine :)

Thought they were bamboo. Would love to see your pics!
And thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom