giant African shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My wife saw one and wanted to add it to our main tank I quickly remembered yours and how anti social it is. Right now we can't afford a new tank so no elephant nose yet

You done the right thing, my guy has literally emptied my tank he hates everything lol we still enjoy him he's been worth all the hassle ;)

My lfs called me today to say all the shrimp they ordered came DOA. So looks like I'm going to have to wait a while to get one ?

That's a shame :( hopefully they'll get more in and have better luck next time.

How big do they get ? Can they be in a 3 gallon with 2 mystery snails ? The tank is heated and filtered and is at 71-72 degrees , can they pinch you ? And will it destroy my bettas fins ? Lol sorry for asking so much questions

Even 2 mystery snails aren't ok in a tank that size. They should have 10 gallons per snail ideally.

Thought I'd add a couple of more pics of my guy's. 1387569474193.jpg1387569522722.jpg1387569593245.jpg

53 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank

Is there differences in snails ?? I have Nerite

I think mystery snails are more fun! You have to make sure to feed them, they're not really algae cleaner's. Cana snail's eat live plants! So not good in planted tanks Lol i also have tylos and really like those they're bio load is not as big as mystery snails.

Do you have picture of Tylos ? Nerites are cute too but they leave "eggs" everywhere !!!!!!!!!!!!!
No Cana for me. I have a lot of money invested in plants and plant care

Do you have picture of Tylos ? Nerites are cute too but they leave "eggs" everywhere !!!!!!!!!!!!!
No Cana for me. I have a lot of money invested in plants and plant care

I like my nerites too, here's a couple of pics. 1387580963904.jpg1387581010994.jpg

Those look like BIG Malaysian trumpet snails

Yeah the shells are sort of the same shape. I really like these guy's they do better on sand, I've got a couple in my shrimp tank as Gonzo evicted them! Cool to watch. I also have a lava snail his body is red and black he likes the algae! Don't have a picture of him though I'll have to take one in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom