Gold nugget pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fadetoblack06

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Picked up a gold nugget pleco today at my lfs. They have 45% off fresh water fish, changes with the packer scores. The pics a little dark but I thought he was really cool and couldn't pass it up for the price.

Congrats on the new fish! I bought a gold nugget pleco a few weeks back but died the next day. My LFS was nice enough to replace it with another pleco, so I got a yellow prince tiger one. But I think I liked the gold nugget better appearance-wise.

Mines alive and kicking so far. It's been a whole day so hopefully he's good. I've heard that they dont fair well in shipments.

fadetoblack06 said:
Mines alive and kicking so far. It's been a whole day so hopefully he's good. I've heard that they dont fair well in shipments.

Good to hear. I will get another one when I set-up a new tank in the near future. Enjoy your fish!

RIP hold nugget pleco. Came home and he was dead. No sunken belly water parameters good. Was cruising around the tank this morning eating algae and munching on the wood.

RIP hold nugget pleco. Came home and he was dead. No sunken belly water parameters good. Was cruising around the tank this morning eating algae and munching on the wood.

That is sad news. Can't you bring him back to the LFS you bought him from? And I know the gold nugget pleco isn't cheap. I got mine for $60. Good thing they replaced it, or else that is a money down the drain.

I had a gold nugget for three years in with my discus. Great fish, stays small. Likes to eat bog wood.

I had a gold nugget pleco for three years in with my discus. Great fish!! It stays small so is ok for putting in with discus. Likes to eat bog wood so put some in tank. Also likes water to be on the soft side(R.O. water)

Back
Top Bottom