Got a new tank. 15<29g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

disgrazia69

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I got a new tank and thanks to my girlfriend it's now extremely over stocked. However, all the fish seem to be doing fine, no problems, waters perfect on all levels, and have had no smells from the tank even. Been this way for over 2 months now, can anyone tell me if I'm just getting extremely lucky, or if this set up actually works.

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1408372246158.jpg
    1408372246158.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 76
That is deeply overstocked.

It is probably working because you have young fish that are still small.

Clown loaches get to be up to 16" and should have at least a 4ft long tank. The bichir can grow to 20" and needs more like a 5ft tank.

Even the rainbow shark is a 6" fish which is fairly fast swimming would be more comfortable in a bigger tank.

At the very least you need to find a new home for the bichir and the clown loaches.

I do have a second tank its a 15 gallon, I could move some fish until I either get a bigger tank or find them a new home.

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Would help a little bit but still not really haha.

If the rainbow isn't tearing up your other fish he might be ok (mines kind of aggressive against other bottom dwellers and I had him in a 20 and 29g fine) but those clownloaches.... they need like a 75g tank minimum. I was going to suggest a 40 breeder is a good size but you really need to look at a 75-125 or 180g with those, at least you have 3 of them, they do best in groups of 4-6 but I know lost of people end up getting just 1.

And the beta... while they can be kept with other fish they usually tear apart fish with big fluttery tails like the ones other betas have or fancy mail guppies. I would probably keep the beta in the 15g.

Back
Top Bottom