Got marinland LED hood!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got a LED hood for my 20G long :D (ordered a ton of fish stuff from amazon ) about to set it up :) anyone else have it??

Great ! :) here some pics with LED. Still trying to learn all about LEDs.

I spy at least one non aquatic plant... I believe they refer to it as a 'white ribbon' or 'ribbon' plant....you'll need to get that out before it rots and fouls the water.

mfdrookie516 said:
I spy at least one non aquatic plant... I believe they refer to it as a 'white ribbon' or 'ribbon' plant....you'll need to get that out before it rots and fouls the water.

Which one is it? I bought them all from petco in a watered tank.

mfdrookie516 said:
The one in the middle

Thanks I'm going to take it out but the guy at petco said (I know they don't know a lot) it was syngonium or a couple others and gave me a card . Doing it anyways by removing it

Yea, he didn't know what he was talking about. Honestly, never trust the workers when it comes to plants unless you personally know them. A good bit of people have fallen for ribbon plants in their tank at some point (myself included).

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Yea, he didn't know what he was talking about. Honestly, never trust the workers when it comes to plants unless you personally know them. A good bit of people have fallen for ribbon plants in their tank at some point (myself included).

Yay I'm not the only one who fell for it ! :) thanks guys.

Yeah the ribbons aren't meant to be fully aquatic, but it can be misleading how they are shown in stores :). I really love Wisteria, Wendtii, Java fern, and Anubias Nana for low tech tanks :). I will say I thought my LED would ruin my 10 gallon growth, but mine are growing very well so far.

I like the nighttime effect too :) but I potted the ribbon plant and some how it is still living which I thought I would die by now (not good at keeping plants ) it is by my fish! Here is my potted ribbon plant :) still alive

Back
Top Bottom