Got my tank! YAY!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-Omgitsammie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After a long wait. I got my new tank! Im mega exited.. Its an "Aqua Culture" I, think haha... The one thing that happend was one of my lights blew out.. I was upset. I can just buy a new one ;). I have only 3 plants in it atm. Ill buy more. Because im gonna get 3 Dwarfs.. 1 male 2 female and an oto cat :D
I cant wait.
Im in the process of cycling..
Heres a pic:

Sure thing!
I have this liquid that im putting in my tank.. Its called "NUTRAFIN" Then under it says cycle. What it says it does is "Immediately Establishes Safe Biological Aquaruim Enviroment", "Poweful Responsive Ammonia and Nirite Elimination" , "Allows Immediate Introduction of fish" , "For Fresh and saltwater use"
Is this cycling it? Yesterday i poured 1:25. Today i put in 2:10. As it says to do on the back.

No it's not cycling. Some people claim to have had success with it, but these "cycling" products don't work 99% of the time. I've heard some people around here say it can stall the cycle? I don't really know about that so some else will have to chime in on that.

Then what should i buy?
Here is my reading.
Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0
Hardness: 75
Chlorine: 0
Alkalinity: 80
pH: 7.8

Ammonia or a raw, unseasoned shrimp from the grocery store. Just follow what you read in the Fishless cycling for dummies thread.
What test kit do you have? You'll need an ammonia tester too.

Your the one that sent me there. :D! I have "Quick Dip" I have noticed no ammonia. D:
I will read the Fishless cycle again...

Good about reading it again. You want to be certain you understand it fully.
I hate to tell you this, but the testing strips are really inaccurate. (I'm sorry we never clarified that on your other thread.. :() You can get a liquid test, like API (highly recommended), from Walmart for $25. It has all the tests you need, it's much more accurate, and will last a longgg time.

Ok, Ill look into this, Stupid dude at Petco who sold me this ! >:O He said it would work
My mother is pissed. I made her buy it for me :O
Go onto dwarfpuffers.com and go on cyclng look at the first thing it says Bio-Spiria. Will that work?

No. All the products are the same. They say they have the right bacteria, they might have at some point, but it dies in the bottle/bag.
And yes, fish would either die/suffer (resulting in a shortened life span).

Sorry, havent been on. Well today i went to my local Petsmart and brought a can of my water in and they tested it all for me. Its crazy, i don't know how it happend, heres what i got:
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate: 10
pH: 7.8
Copper: 0 ppm

Can i consider my cycle, well done?
Or keep testing to see that it stays at this?
Im thinking to keep testing :]

Unless you watched them and they did otherwise, Petco/Petsmart typically use strips to test, in which case I wouldn't trust their results.

Back
Top Bottom