Gotta love Craigslist!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knightnurse14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just picked up a 125 galllon 5 year old tank, stand, lights, top, lots of accessories including a nice clean and fill apparatus with 40 feet of hose and a Rena XP3 canister filter, river rock, and several large artifical rock pieces all for $300.00. The tank came from Petco and is 5 years old. It was nasty and stagnant but when I cleaned it up the glass is perfect.
Is that sweet or what?

Attachments

• IMG_0457.jpg
    IMG_0457.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 199
I just got done talking to some gracious people I found on craigslist. They're selling me their 90 gallon tank, stand, 70+ lbs of LR, corals, fuge with skimmer and pump, heater, circulation fans, coral beauty, mated clowns and 3 assorted fish, and 48" Metal Halide w/ moonlighting for 600. It looks awesome. They're holding it for me until I get back from Texas. I think the lighting itself is worth over 600. Can't wait to pick it up.

I picked up a 40g with stand in almost perfect condition for 30$ on Craigslist. Was very happy

Craigslist rocks but u have to be patient. I have been looking for months. The trick is to go to pets then click on all for sale/wanted. Pulls in everything. Sergie that is a great deal! Congrats!

The last time I tried to buy a tank on cg, the guy called me the day I was supposed to pick it up saying he changed his mind. Then, he asked me out on a date. Like I was actually gonna date a guy who broke my heart by keeping the tank I had my heart set on! Lol.

All my tanks are from Craigslist. I primarily look for a tank with a functional hooded light. I'd rather buy my own filter and heater from Amazon or Ebay.

I been looking for a 120+ tank with stand. Price range for that is < $200.

Some guy up here wanted to trade his 120 with stand for an xbox 360. I almost hit him up for that, but after calculating the cost to buy good lighting (the six foot light I wanted wouldve been around 900) extra Live Rock, sump skimmer blah blah blah, it was not worth it. But I definately thought about it!

I found a 55 gallon with rena canister filter,stand, heater, cover, all accessories and fish for $125. Real nice set up-except!! I hate ciclids!! Comes with 5 6-7" ciclids, 1 pictus catfish, 1 plecostamus, and some other large bottom dweller. I wanted the 55gallon to put my rainbows in! I will call LFS Tues and see if they will take the fish-if not-back to craigs list I guess. Thing is...the guy doesn't recall the names of the ciclids. One is blue and white, one orange, couple are copper/emerald color. Anyway, I am afraid of them. I am scared to even catch them in the tank! HELP!
Excited for new tank-not these new fish.

(y) Gorgeous tank & great deal! Congratulations!

The Dallas/Fort Worth craigslist is a gold mine... ugh it kills me to go through the listings and see all the great deals, because I live three hours away. There are literally dozens of tanks listed every day! I think I must be a sadist, because I do it anyway. :facepalm: LOL

Craigs list can be such a temptation! I try not to look there if there is no way I can get something. Its just too distracting- then I start dreaming again....MTS for sure! Will be busy getting mine moved today. I will post pics as I will need help identifying the ciclids and bottom dwellers I want to get rid of...ugh! Not expecting to like ciclids-hope they are easy to sell or give away! Owner said they would sell for $25 each at lfs. May be peacocks? Lab? Will post so I can get help! Fun to find on Craigs list tho!

I just found a 100gal tank with stand for only $80! Its so tempting not to buy it.

Give more details about the "crashing".

Terrance said:
I just found a 100gal tank with stand for only $80! Its so tempting not to buy it.

Give more details about the "crashing".

I've got a post under
Dr Bombay emergency come right away

I found one 125 gallon & one 60 plus two jebo canister 829 filters
With two 48" jebo lights
One 72" light
Eight power heads
One wet & filter
90lbs of black gravel
& a bunch of other accessories
All for 200$ the guy was getting out of the hobby
I was the first one to ask him about it
Had to drive 2 hrs away but all worth it
:D
I love Craigslist

Check this out:

"Getting out of the hobbie, need to get rid of my collection of aquariums. I would like to get $600.00 for all of it. Includes at least 9 full system setups. Includes Filters, Heaters, test equipment, decor, hoods, brand new lights, different size stands, pumps, already treated driftwood. Whether your in it for the hobbie or just looking for a deal to turn around and sell this would be one. I have an Eclipse 3, two 55gal with stands, 75gal with stand, 2 ten gall, 30 gal reptile, and much more.I have all receipts. All hold water as well. There's more to this collection just didn't have enough room to fit it all in the pics. All full setups, used for fresh water fish. Thanks for your interest and hope to hear from you."

Amazing!

Back
Top Bottom