Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-02-2006, 09:23 PM   #1
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Green Chromis

Just added 7 green chromis to my tank. I think that the school look was the missing ingredient in my tank. Does anybody else have schoolers in their tank and how are they doing. I added another 30 lbs of cured live rock to my tank also which brings it to about 180 lbs. I`ll see if I can get a new tank pic.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:28 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via Yahoo to Florida8
Awesome! Never had a SW tank over a 55g so never had room for schoolers and my other fish... but I loved my sons neons and danios schooling... so awesome! Waiting for pics

Kimberly in NE Florida
Cycle complete Early 2-06
29g reef
2 ph and 1 HOB =460 gph
130watt Orbit lighting system
50+lbs lr
1 blue green chromis, domino, blue devil
6 turbo snails
1 mantis GRRRR!
Florida8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:31 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 3 of them they school next to the 3 clowns that I have and they all school to. I like that at night the clowns stay out the Chromis hide.
55gallons, emperor 400 hang on filter, 150watts heater, Coralife 256watt light, 60 LB Live Sand, 43 LB Live Rock, ProClear Aquatics Pro 150 Wet/Dry Filter with Skimmer, 12 Blue Leg Hermit Crab, 2 Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp , 1 Algae Blenny, 3 Green chromis, 3 Peppermint Shrimp, 4 Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab, 3 Emerald Mithrax Crab, 1 Porcelain Anemone Crab, 1 Feather Duster, True Bulb Anemone, 3 Ocellaris Clownfish, 15 Margarita
Snails, 2 Nudibranch, 6 Astraea, 5 cerith snails and 1 Japanese Pistol Shrimp. Updated 02/02/06
Choas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:43 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via Yahoo to Melissamustang
I want a school of chromis. That would be cool if you would get a tank shot with them swimming around. We have no luck with them though. Get about three and they would die in qt.
How long did you qt and did you get them online or your local fish store?
525 Salt water "Zoo"

Tell someone how you feel….Make a sweet comment and it will always make you feel good as well!
Melissamustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com