Green Spotted Puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Horseplay

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Help, my GSP is finicky. Ive tried frozen bloodworms, krill, and brine shrimp and he is barely interested. Where can i get "live" food, what kind, and how is it packaged?
Also, When they say "feed plenty of hard shelled live food" what exactly should I be looking for/purchasing. I can buy freshwater snails from my LPS but can I dump them into a brackish tank?

When you thaw it out put some garlic in with it that might stimulate his appetite.
Also ask for pest snails, no need to buy. Pond snails and ramshorn snails are the best. Avoid Malaysian trumpeter snails. Their pointy shells make them hard and could choke your puffer. I also feed mine ghost shrimp once in a while. He loves the chase!

Poor water quality is always the first thought. Overstocked tank or infrequent amount of water changes are the contributing factors to poor water quality. Inadequate beneficial bacteria is also part of poor water quality. Overfeeding and poor tank maintenance are some others that i can think of.

Terrance said:
Poor water quality is always the first thought. Overstocked tank or infrequent amount of water changes are the contributing factors to poor water quality. Inadequate beneficial bacteria is also part of poor water quality. Overfeeding and poor tank maintenance are some others that i can think of.

Makes sense! Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom