Guess i am doing it wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nikkid1987

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok judging by the responses I get on my questions I'm going about this all wrong. Wrong fish in too small a tank ( makes no sense to me because it has a lot of space in it with the 4 fish I've got .) I need a 10g tank for 1small goldfish , when people i know have 3 or 4 of the same kind I have in the same size tank. My water is crystal clear , there's plenty of bubbles and my filter is working like a charm. I don't see a problem I guess I'm just ignorant about the whole aquarium stuff .

I don't see how my friends fish have lived that way for the past 4 years with no problems but my setup is all wrong. Lol and the responses I get are like I'm going to kill my fish if I don't instantly take the goldfish out , I don't want my fish to kill over lol but yea I don't have space for a 10g tank for just 1 goldfish lol

yes, you are doing it wrong. But a LOT of people start of doing it wrong. If you will read, ask questions and be willing to accept and act on the answers, you will start doing it right. And your fish will thank you for it. :) :fish2::fish2:

Not sure why you posted this. I your other post. They were very respectful with there responses. It's just the way it goes. You ask questions and don't like the answers. That's fine. Nobody said you have to do what they suggested. But your post IMO isn't specific and more like a rant the anything else.

We're a great bunch if people here and all we can do I'd give out opinions and advice. Just because others may have 5 fancy gold fish in a 10 gallon tank or whatever the case is doesn't make it right.

We're not judging you just trying to lead you in the right direction.

But please don't take it so personal... They were only trying to help you and educate you.

I did ALOT of things wrong and I asked questions and learned and was able to have a thriving tank now. Nothing wrong with making beginner mistakes. It happens to ALOT of us. It's what you do with the information handed to that counts.

The ball is in your court.

Good luck!

I'm not opposed to help and advice lol obviously because I'm on here asking. Lol it just seems that some people take it as a chance to jump and make me think I'm going to kill the fish instantly lol

Not sure why you posted this. I your other post. They were very respectful with there responses. It's just the way it goes. You ask questions and don't like the answers. That's fine. Nobody said you have to do what they suggested. But your post IMO isn't specific and more like a rant the anything else.

We're a great bunch if people here and all we can do I'd give out opinions and advice. Just because others may have 5 fancy gold fish in a 10 gallon tank or whatever the case is doesn't make it right.

We're not judging you just trying to lead you in the right direction.

But please don't take it so personal... They were only trying to help you and educate you.

I did ALOT of things wrong and I asked questions and learned and was able to have a thriving tank now. Nothing wrong with making beginner mistakes. It happens to ALOT of us. It's what you do with the information handed to that counts.

The ball is in your court.

Good luck!

Thank you and I wasn't trying to make it a rant , I take all the advice y'all can give me . Lol my fiancé is about to go nuts because of all the random fish stuff I'm spouting off to him lol

I'm not opposed to help and advice lol obviously because I'm on here asking. Lol it just seems that some people take it as a chance to jump and make me think I'm going to kill the fish instantly lol

All I'm going to add since I didn't read this "other" thread, is goldfish are very dirty, and yes do require X amount of gallons per fish, it's YOUR job as a hobbyist to provide the best care possible. If you can not... Then you shouldn't be keeping that species or... Fish in general.

Just because someone else does, does not make it right. And to be frank it makes you sound immature. (No disrespect I meant that in general not you personally).

Sounds to me like you should get a beta, which I don't know why you would pick Goldie's over one anyways... IMO.

With that said good luck and hope ya do the right thing.

All I'm going to add since I didn't read this "other" thread, is goldfish are very dirty, and yes do require X amount of gallons per fish, it's YOUR job as a hobbyist to provide the best care possible. If you can not... Then you shouldn't be keeping that species or... Fish in general.

Just because someone else does, does not make it right. And to be frank it makes you sound immature. (No disrespect I meant that in general not you personally).

Sounds to me like you should get a beta, which I don't know why you would pick Goldie's over one anyways... IMO.

With that said good luck and hope ya do the right thing.

K I sure will :D

Lol same story

Thank you and I wasn't trying to make it a rant , I take all the advice y'all can give me . Lol my fiancé is about to go nuts because of all the random fish stuff I'm spouting off to him lol

Lol I'm in the same boat. I started with goldfish in a bowl too, now in a 30 gal, about to go into a 120. My poor boyfriend is going bonkers because I talk about fish stuff so much. I think there needs to be an emotional support forum on here :)

Lol all 4 of my fish are happy And healthy so until i can find a cheap 20g tank they will all stay where they are lol

Back
Top Bottom