Gum Ball Fish bowl.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The more that I have been looking at this side of the "fish" world the better it looks. Going between this and my African tank is like riding my bike then switching to a scooter. Nothing wrong with scooters. It's just different. Upgrading looks good but think we will just keep it on the small scale for now. Let's see if I can keep them alive first.

Haha good idea! Since shrimp have virtually no bio load, I would change most of the water on a very regular basis. Make sure to tempature match too

Weekly water changes? I know about temperature but would it hurt if 75-90% were changed? Daily feeding a also? Thanks

Shrimp are scavengers and eat throughout the day. I say yes a super tiny pinch of something healthy a few times a day is perfect

the jewels will trap a bunch of gunk so those may need to be cleaned pretty often. Small water changes more frequently if necessary. They don't like large changes in pH, etc. Kind of like mellow water, but clean. You can remove and keep the cleaner top half to 3/4 of the water and rinse the bottom and jewels (best with treated water, to preserve any BB and biofilm for the shrimp) to get the dirty gunk out and then add back the new water treated always.

You may want to consider removing some of the jewels for more room for the water. And less places for baby shrimp to get trapped. You have air in there right or a filter ?

Looks cute.

Yes air is in there. I removed 80% of the jewels. It looks better and I agree about them getting caught down there. Water changes will be a piece if cake. I live off of well water that has no chemicals in it. It is a little hard but I will use the water that passes thru the softener. All alive today.

Does the water softner use salt pellets? If so you could use a britta type filter instead. You can also do a test to the water to see what the parameters are with the britta type filter and without.

Really love seeing the DIY projects like this that make the hobby cool to kids and gets their minds engaged, way to go!

Back
Top Bottom