Hara horai

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wendy333

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I managed to pick up 3 juvenile Hara horai yesterday!!! We went to check out a LFS a few counties over that we had never been to before. We were checking out the tanks & my boyfriend asked me come over & check these tiny fish out. I was drooling over an Albino Longfin Bristlenose Plec & didn't pay much attention & absently asked him what kind of fish it was. He then proceeded to try to sound out the Latin name and I didn't hear him so I asked loudly "What did you say" ?? he replies equally as loud saying ...."Hairy [mod edit]"!!! just as the saleswoman walks up to us. He obviously didn't have the Latin down. Slowly, my Longfin Pleco Breeding Project dreams came to a crashing halt as what he said while trying to sound out the word finally hit me when I glanced up & seen the woman about 3 feet away. Luckily she had a great sense of humor.
Long story short-Anyway, after she told me their common name I snagged the only three in the tank, as i haven't seen any Elongate Moth Catfish in a few years around here & I've never seen any this tiny offered for sale, hopefully they get more in & I'll end up with a good ratio of male to female. I've never kept this kind before, but loking very forward to it.
My other cool score was a massive (filled a 1gal bag full) clump of Java Moss for $4.99. This was after we were there for almost an hour discussing various fish/plants, Plus, I made two great contacts, one for Bristlenose Plecs through the owners fish dealer & the saleslady herself is also a Tarantula hobbyist as I am.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good story! :) Congrats on the new fish and the connections. My cousin had a pink toed tarantula when we were little, they are cool critters.

Back
Top Bottom