Harlequin Tusk Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, wish i could have found an australian for $30 but got the indio one since Ihad been wanting one for so long. lol

He looks cool. Good luck. Mines scootering along and really lives the new powerhead setup. They are an awesome fish.

Attachments

• image-1863546228.jpg
    image-1863546228.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 609
Just scooting along.. A bit hypo tonight

Attachments

• image-4112671841.jpg
    image-4112671841.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 133
  • image-233138294.jpg
    image-233138294.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 92
Love this pic found on the net

Attachments

• image-1063936213.jpg
    image-1063936213.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 120
He comes out at night only it seems but eats like a horse lol. I think its the tang thats giving him trouble, he only came out when the tang went under the rocks to sleep. He was out with the wrasses and no issues. He's just so tiny lol... He's about the size of the tangs tail

I actually just had to remove (gave to LFS) my yellow tang. It was a hard decision but he was harassing my Tusk and my dwarf golden eel. My eel hadn't eaten for 2 weeks. I also saw him tail slap my porcupine puffer (who is 3 times his size) and slap my lionfish.

Just keep an eye on it. Tangs don't take too kindly to new tank mates and they don't seem to get over it.

I actually just had to remove (gave to LFS) my yellow tang. It was a hard decision but he was harassing my Tusk and my dwarf golden eel. My eel hadn't eaten for 2 weeks. I also saw him tail slap my porcupine puffer (who is 3 times his size) and slap my lionfish. Just keep an eye on it. Tangs don't take too kindly to new tank mates and they don't seem to get over it.

I have Never had a yellow tang but just watching them and the purples at the LFS i can see they are aggressive. Maybe i need one as my Tusk is VERY aggressive at feeding time. Just they are so damm expensive.

The purples are expensive. The yellows are like $30.

Maybe it will be a different story of the tang is added after the tusk. My tang was in there first and he harassed my tusk into a corner. The tusk is also twice his size.

My tusk is also aggressive at feeding time. He actually tried stealing food from my puffers mouth once.

My 4" yellow tang straight out bullied my 2" purple tang at first ( the purple wouldnt even fight back, just ran away) so i took the yellow out for 4 days... Upon reintroduction, the purple tail slapped the yellow, of course when the yellow went after the purple, the purple actually fought back... Yellows bullying days are over. They peacefully coexist now. Even eat together

The purples are expensive. The yellows are like $30. Maybe it will be a different story of the tang is added after the tusk. My tang was in there first and he harassed my tusk into a corner. The tusk is also twice his size. My tusk is also aggressive at feeding time. He actually tried stealing food from my puffers mouth once.

I havnt seen a yellow tang under $90. The purples i saw were $165.

Just got back 3 days at the coast. Just found my snowflake moray on the floor. Chucked him in a bucket straight away. He's moving a bit. Truing to clean him up. Not sure if hes going to live.

Attachments

• image-1617783036.jpg
    image-1617783036.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 91
Cleaned him up. Hes not moving much though. Might be an all might vigil.

Attachments

• image-327755778.jpg
    image-327755778.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 88
Im worried if i put him back in main tank he will become Tusk Breakfast.

Just fished my tusk out of the 90g, dead. :-( :-(

So upset, but knew it was a gamble with him being so small. Still pretty bummed though. "tusky" was such a little sweetie. I may have to spend some extra $$ and get a larger one next time.

He was eating like a pig and he wasnt bothered by the other fish the times I sat and watched which was quite alot. lol

He had scrapes on him which i am sure was from him hiding in tight spots to avoid the other fish, he also only came out at night the week or two that I've had him.

I contacted the shop I got him from and requested a larger tusk, this one was way too tiny and I kinda had hoped he would make it but I had my doubts. So hopefully in a week or two I will have another one alot larger so there is no question about his tankmates beating him up.

Back
Top Bottom