have an Axolotl that's about to be a year old

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hubby

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I'm new on here. Just registered & have an Axolotl that's about to be a year old. I have watched him/her (unsure of what gender my lotl is) grow rear legs & the head is now the size of when I got my lotl! I'm still learning as yet but it's important you choose the right substrate as an Axolotl will eat it and this may get stuck & kill them. I have in other tanks tropical fish- Guppies, Platies, Cory catfish, mollies & one swordtail. I've had the tropical tank up for a year almost but it's in desperate need of a complete clean out. It's 64litre ( sorry people I am British & don't know how many gallons that is) & I wonder if I've too many fish in the tank... I also have had success in breeding guppies & platies.. I also have in another tank aquatic dwarf frogs & in another tank I have my fry,now big enough to go in the main tank.. Anyway, I'm interested in what people have to say about Axolotls or on fish. Learning is a great curve! :)

Be very careful over substrate! My lotl doesn't have any at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom