HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnlucky5

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys I'm new and I need help with my 16 gallon tank! It's been up and running for 4 weeks now with 1 medium sized driftwood. I'm using ACE ammonia and it's reading 4ppm. I had fish when I first got the tank and now do not. I gave them away when I found out about cycling! Now I'm stuck, I have the heater at 84 degrease the water level 2 inches below so oxygen enters the water. And my PH is around 6.8. I have crushed coral bring it up. I'm reading O nitrates and O nitrites... I want to know why I don't have any of them... Oh I also have a bag of gravel from a healthy tank. Any help will be much appreciated!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394602408.624795.jpg

All good you just have to wait for it to cycle. You will notice all the levels of ammonia, nitrite and nitrate going up and down. This will stop in about 4 weeks. That's when you can add fish.

Make sure you add the fish gradually though. Don't just add all the fish at once. I forgot to say that in the last one.

We'll I'm thinking about getting 3 neon tetras 3 glolight tetras 3 black tetras and 3 of another kind of fish and 2 juli Cory cats. I'll post a pick of the other fish will those fish be happy together? In groups of three, I want a Variety of different fish in my tank. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394638741.191153.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394638749.589147.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394638761.078073.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394638767.619505.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394638776.792457.jpg

Yer they will be fine but you will probably want the tetras to be least 4 in a shoal. Otherwise they will get stressed.

Yea I'm going to cancel the rasboras and have 4 of each tetra. The noen glolight and black neon. And 2 Cory's :)

:( we'll I feed once a day. I'll keep a close eye out. Thanks

Tetras and other social fish IME usually do best in larger groups. 3 is not a very big group. You can try 4 fish, but watch out for nipping. Shoaling species may nip more in smaller numbers.

And C julii may be a bit crowded in a 16g. Assuming you are even getting true julii and not C trilieatus or another lookalike. And Yes, Cories like to be in groups of 6 or more just like all shoaling/schooling fish.

84f is high temp. You should lower it to 76f before adding Neons. Less oxygen in hotter water. Don't buy all the fish at once. Small tanks get out of balance faster. Keep testing after adding fish also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom