Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stephaniewhite

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 75 gallon tank that I set up 2 weeks before Christmas. I have had cloudy water for 2 weeks now. I used filter media from another tank I have to start the cycle when I did set up. I have no fish in tank. I do not know whAt to do at this point. Do I let it be or change water? Someone plez help. I am now this week showing nitrates when testing. Although I use dip strips. I have been told they r trash but right now that's all I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes do water changes

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

What are ur other readings, if it's mostly just nitrates, your cycling is pretty much done. You might need more ammonia than wat u put in there as well.

Sent from my fish tank

I did a big water change this morning and the water is still cloudy. I'm at a lose now. I'm just sick about this.

Lights only during day. No green just cloudy. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421642392.766024.jpg

Did you buy the tank new or used? I have a tank that the side glass never got cleaned and there is a haze now that won't come off. It makes the water look cloudy through the side but clear through the front.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It was used but when we first filled it was clear throughout.

Judging from the picture I'm assuming that it's not a salt water tank. Is it?

Are all the fake plants aquarium safe? The water has a purple hue to it (it might just be the picture) and have you added anything just before it got cloudy?

Mine did that too. It was clear at first then I went through a cloudy stage that seem to last forever. Of course I was going through the cycling stage. I changed 25% of the water every 4 days. I just stayed the course and it cleared up itself after about a month.

May the force be with you.

Back
Top Bottom