Help hiding my bubble wand!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Yes bubble my wand is ugly to look at everyday. I feel more confident having the aeration/agitation in my tank due to the fact it is a column style tank (18"L x 30"W x 24"H) and I have loaches and corydora. Any cool suggestions? Here's a pic of my tank. I pushed it down yesterday yet still an eye sore.

Attachments

• 1420307264391.jpg
    1420307264391.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 117
You could move it down close to the gravel so it is less noticeable. Or switch to a regular air stone and place it in the right rear corner at the bottom where it will not be seen. It should provide great movement in the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I pushed it down yesterday yesterday it looks a little better. I used an air stone before and my Corys were afraid of it. Although they really like playing in the bubbles from the bubble wand. Who knows :what:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I can't tell how wide the bubble wand is. Perhaps you can move it to the right a bit so it is mostly or completely hidden by the decór. Do the same thing with the heater if possible.

Very good suggestions, thanks fresh2o. If I move my heater do you think it may have an effect on the temp of the tank? Most sites I've read seem to say if you hav a deeper tank position the heater pretty much how I have it now.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As long as you have decent flow on the heater it should be fine. The horizontal alignment is most likely to allow the thermostat to read the actual water temperature in the tank. Mounting it vertically may cause it to detect the temperature of the water that has been heated by the heater element, thus throwing off a proper temperature reading.

Back when I used them I just stuck it to the bottom and covered it with gravel.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom