Help me set up my 37 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youngster

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm getting a 37g tank next week, and I was wondering what to put in it. I'm going tropical, freshwater. here's what i'm getting

37g glass tank: 30"x12"x22" (LxWxH)
30 lbs of sand (it's a tall tank and I want the subtrate shallow-ish)
5 lbs of gravel (decorating)
20 gal power filter
200w heater
thermometer
flourescent light
glass canopy
water testing vial
amazon sword plants

as for the fish..
I was thinking some schools of maybe barbs or tetras. What are my options?

You could do 3 schools of 6-8 small tetras with one small pleco like a bristlenose and a dwarf Cichlid like a ram or kribensis or apistogramma or a trio of mollies, guppies, swordtails, or platies

You could do 3 schools of 6-8 small tetras with one small pleco like a bristlenose and a dwarf Cichlid like a ram or kribensis or apistogramma or a trio of mollies, guppies, swordtails, or platies
apistogramma? And I was thinking something along the lines of that. and how about danios?

youngster said:
apistogramma? And I was thinking something along the lines of that. and how about danios?

A species of dwarf Cichlid
What do you mean by how about danios? All fish in the list are compatible

A species of dwarf Cichlid
What do you mean by how about danios? All fish in the list are compatible
I was thinking danios in my tank. I am probably going to get a planted tank if I can, and i was wondering if could get some giant danios and zebras danios.
p.s. my lfs doesn't have dwarf cichlids, much to my dismay
:fish2:

Giant danios are much too active for a 37 gallon. Lemon tetras would be nice in their place.

Back
Top Bottom