Help needed in identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steveoldbury

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi and thanks for reading.
I bought a second hand tank yesterday, it came with a catfish already in residence but I'm having difficulty identifying it. Can anyone tell me what it is please? Pictures are below:

[/ATTACH]

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Attachments

• catfish1.jpg
    catfish1.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 102
Thanks for that, I've had a look and I'm not sure the spots are quite right. The head is covered in small spots but the one on the body are really clear

Yes, but minor differences in markings will vary in any species. It has the eyes and head of a pleco. The top fin and body shape is almost exactly leopard pleco.

I don't know what the bottom of the fish looks like, but i believe it's not in the pleco family, but i think you should look at the Synodontis on planet catfish.com

My bad! It could be a cory catfish, but I think they have a pointed nose (sort of). Search bing.com for pleco leapord catfish and cory catfish. Not a very good picture of cory though.Maybe more pics.

The top fin is different IMO. Imo a pleco cat, more pics would help

I'm not trying to sound rude but, I believe there is no way that is a pleco. I Google Images searched "leopard pleco" and found this. Almost all of the pics looked like this one too.

Attachments

• plecoooooooooo.jpg
    plecoooooooooo.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 63
thumbnail.aspx
Scroll down more.Yours is a leapord sailfin. I just said imo. It is not a african featherfin. imo cory cat or leapord cat pleco.

Very good possablity, my bad. I actually want a cuckoo, where can i find three or four? Never see them on internet or lfs.I still have my doubts, sorry. I work in aerospace, I can help send a ship to the moon but I know almost nothing about my hobby!lol

Back
Top Bottom