Here there be Dragons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ReefPhan_Harpua said:
This. I've raised three beardies since I was a young fella and this is spot on. Spinach, kale, broccoli all bind calcium so stay away from them.

Actually kale is very high in calcium and it was a rumor spread around reptile forums that it binds with calcium but studys shoe it doesn't. But can ,if feed too much, hurt the thyroid. Variety is key when feeding your beardy. I'm recently feeding mine a combo of romaine, kale, and either turnip or collard greens.

Best reptile advice is to find a good herp vet. Hopefully there's one close to you. Make an initial check up, bring in a stool sample. And while you're there ask all the questions you can. A good vet, IMO, is key to a healthy reptile.

nice,one! I had one named lizzy ai was growing up. The most entertaining pet I've had. I went thru 4 tanks for her, and also had a 120 g I believe tank for basically my while life. 1 move and 5 yrs later, I have to go out and get a tank bc I didn't think to save any.... Any ways, I used crickets, move and all types of veggies a food, but never any peter put anything.

Back
Top Bottom