How Many Cory Cats, 20 gallon setup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kpea43

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 20 gallon long setup. Planted and DW. All I have is 3 dwarf gourami's and 2 mystery snails, how many Cory Cats could I put in my 20 gallon long. Or how many would u recommend?

As I investigated I found out they do best in small groups, of 4-6. Wha'ts too much for a 20?

And I got a 10 gallon tank with 6 tetras and 2 mystery snails. I want to throw 2 Cory's in there too. Is that ok? How many's too much in a 10 gallon too ?

Thanks for your help in advance

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413493935.275301.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

At least 5 corydoras in the 20. Try using Aqadvisor, it gives pretty good stocking suggestions.

No corydoras in the 10 unless they're pygmy corys.

Ok thank you. Haven't heard of them. Have to look into them. I'll throw a pic up tonight when I purchase more Cory's. I only bought 2 to start. Pic by tonight.

Keeping Corydoras

Hello kp...

Corydoras regardless of their size are very active, shoaling fish. They'll be at their best in a group of 6 or more and they like to forage around the tank. They really need a lot of room. You can absolutely keep them in smaller tanks, but they do even better in a long, narrow tank.

I keep about 6 different species and the smallest tank I keep them in is a 45. The others are in 55 or 60 gallon tanks.

Your decision of course.

B

I ended up going with 4. Lady at my LFS said 4 for a 20 long is plenty . AGREE ?

You havent said what species. Dwarf Cories range in size.
Emerald Cories aren't even Cories, they are Brochis and get larger.

So what species do you have ?

Planet Catfish has a lot of info.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom