How many fish can you hold in a165ltr tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shaymarie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I I'm new to tropical fish keeping we started the hobby becuz my son wonted fish we did have a 60ltr tank but upgraded this week to a 165ltr tank but are unshore on how many fish it will hold hope you can help

How Many Fish

Good morning Shay...

If you have good filtration in your tank and do a large water change once a week, you can have 40 small, adult fish. By small, I mean no more than an inch to an inch and a half long, full grown. If you want larger fish, then your tank will safely support fewer fish.

I keep 55 G tanks of Fancy Guppies and have good filtration and do a 50 percent water change weekly. I keep around 150-200 individuals per tank.

B

Thanks yeah I have a very good filtration system i have a aqua one 850 I have 3 guppies how do u no if they are pregnant and how long are the pregnant for as we have a breeding tank and if she is we don't won't are sucker fish to eat the babys thanks for ur help

Hello again Shay...

The female, the larger, less colorful Guppy will have a dark spot underneath her body that's quite noticeable. It will get darker and the female will get larger. The fry are carried for about a month and when the female gets around very slowly, she should be moved to a safer place.

I'm not really sure the adult Guppies are safe with large fish. Even vegetarian fish can swallow a small fish, if it can. I'd move the Guppies to another tank if possible.

B

Thanks again for your help I think I may have 2 pregnant guppies then I have another tank I was going to use for the baby's but I will use it for mother and babys thanks

Thanks again for your help I think I may have 2 pregnant guppies then I have another tank I was going to use for the baby's but I will use it for mother and babys thanks

That's good. As soon as you notice fry in the tank, you need to start feeding immediately and feed as often as possible. If you can, put dry food in a sandwich bag and use a rolling pin or something similar to crush the food into almost a powder for the fry. Feeding five or six times a day isn't too much for the fry. More food will also keep the adult satisfied and she won't bother the little ones as much.

B

Hi can u have a look at my photos I no there not very clear to see if u think my guppies are pregnant please

How Many Fish

Shay...

I don't really need to see the pics. But, I can tell you if you have adult female Guppies, they're pregnant. Any you buy at the pet store are kept in with the males, so you'll likely have fry.

It may be a lot less stressful for your Guppies if you just move the large fish. You can buy a simple tank divider at the pet store, and separate your male from the females until the fry are born.

B

Back
Top Bottom