How to acclimate betta to new friends?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homedog98

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm getting 3 black skirt tetras and a black Molly from petsmart today, and am going to QT them in my ten gallon before putting them in the 30. The 30 only has 3 black skirt tetras. So here's my question(s):

Should I put the betta in the 30 while the other fish QT, and then put him back in when I'm done?

Should I leave the betta in the ten while the other fish QT?

Do you think he'd attack the new arrivals even if I took him out and rearranged the decor?

I'm leaning towards option one.... But I'm still nervous. Any input?

Only way to truely know is to do it. But keep an eye on the Betta so he doesn't get attacked.

IMO it may be a bad idea that your getting three more Tetras after you already had three, watch out for aggression.

GrimmGoby said:
Only way to truely know is to do it. But keep an eye on the Betta so he doesn't get attacked.

IMO it may be a bad idea that your getting three more Tetras after you already had three, watch out for aggression.

ya I know. That's why I went with 3 and 3... So there'd be some intimidation factor from both sides... But hopefully not enough to start an attack. And the petsmart ones are so messed up... It'll take them a while to be in fighting shape again anyway. Man I've gotta find another LFS.

Homedog98 said:
ya I know. That's why I went with 3 and 3... So there'd be some intimidation factor from both sides... But hopefully not enough to start an attack. And the petsmart ones are so messed up... It'll take them a while to be in fighting shape again anyway. Man I've gotta find another LFS.

Are the fish at your LFS that messed up? Kinda sounds like Walmart...

Have you tried ordering fish online? That's my next step.

GrimmGoby said:
Are the fish at your LFS that messed up? Kinda sounds like Walmart...

Have you tried ordering fish online? That's my next step.

My LFS is petsmart lol. I'm ordering the rest of my fish online, but my mom OFFERED to drive me to get fish lol. And it seems pointless to pay for shipping on such common fish you know?

Homedog98 said:
My LFS is petsmart lol. I'm ordering the rest of my fish online, but my mom OFFERED to drive me to get fish lol. And it seems pointless to pay for shipping on such common fish you know?

Lol, was that a forceful offer? I guess you have a point, but once I get my new tank, I think ill buy everything from HN1 and his significant other.

GrimmGoby said:
Lol, was that a forceful offer? I guess you have a point, but once I get my new tank, I think ill buy everything from HN1 and his significant other.

Nah... It wasn't forceful... It's just that I usually have to beg lol. All the rest of my fish are from Hn1 and severum.

Back
Top Bottom