How to lower pH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darkfalcon

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to keep an angelfish and/or discus in a 40-50 US gallon tank. But I don't know how to make my tap water turn more acidic and stay like that. Anyone knows how or maybe there is an article here regarding this? I'm posting this here because I don't know where else should I post this.

OP - What is the current ph and what target range are you trying to achieve?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Angelfish don't need acidic water to flourish, and the tank is too small to keep a group of discus.

I thought 100x40x50 cm was enough lol. Its the biggest tank in my house. But there is nothing in it yet so dont worry.

And I think I know why you say too small since I've seen an adult discus get very very big. So how big do you recommend the tank size for a group of 4-5 discus?? And is that tank good enough for a pair to breed??

Sent from my vivo Y28 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

OP - What is the current ph and what target range are you trying to achieve?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

There is no water in it yet, since I just redo the entire tank. Its completely empty now but I think it should be around 5.5-6.5

You could gradually adjust it by adding a mix of Seachem's "Acid Buffer" and "Alkaline Buffer" to new water and gradually adjust the tank through water changes.

Link: Seachem - Acid Buffer

Idk where to buy that. I'll probably look for similar products in the lfs and search online for those who might sell that

Back
Top Bottom