I bought one of the seneye reef units

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sixtyfou

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm excited to try this out. I like the idea of constant monitoring. I have to read the directions, and get the tank set up I want to use it in, but as soon as I do I'll write a review.

ForumRunner_20131209_152229.jpg

It's an in tank monitor that connects to a PC and constantly monitors ph, temp, Nh3, Lux, Kelvin, and PAR. I'm going to play with a few different tank start ups and long the data from them. When I'm done playing I'll drop it in my favorite tank and just use it has a general monitor. It will be a bit still before I can really put it threw the paces the way I want. The addition of those unexpected fish has thrown my planning for a loop.

I've seen these and they look like a great tool to monitor tank conditions for greater success with your reef set up's.

I love Christmas shopping for myself!

Be watching this thread for your follow up.

I'd like to kind of do a step by step "this is my experience" thing with this. It might be better suited for the blog section. Mods would you like to move it, or should I start a new thread?

I decided today that I'm hot to play with this so I'm going to put off the fishless experiments and jab this thing in my community tank. The Seneye is made by the Red Coats;) which has an upside and a downside. It's also really new. They seem to have some great ideas, but their still sorting out some details. For example they had a really cute simple image that said "soak the slide for 24 hours." It took me 15 minutes to find more detailed directions like soak it in a glass of tank water, remove the film, and keep it orientated a particular way. There was no option for Merician English. My profile shows a union jack. They might have done that to be funny.

I'm interested too

I'd like to kind of do a step by step "this is my experience" thing with this. It might be better suited for the blog section. Mods would you like to move it, or should I start a new thread?

The Seneye is made by the Red Coats;) which has an upside and a downside. My profile shows a union jack. They might have done that to be funny.

I like the idea of digital measuring, that stems from the engineering. Full time pH or a digital stick is on my menu for next year. Over time the unit will pay for itself, test kits seem to be properly expensive now (not because they are essential) I wonder why?

Red coats:ROFLMAO: (proper history there) your final sentence is mostly true. Comedy ker-nickets. We have an upside and a downside, much like we have a front side and a backside:D

It's funny that we both speak "English", but I miss about 10% of your meaning.

Should we arrange a visit, we'll square this up. My daughter needs to visit Ireland and Scotland. Then she'll at least understand why she's crazy.

It's funny that we both speak "English", but I miss about 10% of your meaning.

Should we arrange a visit, we'll square this up. My daughter is needs to visit Ireland and Scotland. Then she'll at least understand why she's crazy.

Yes sir, I'll bring the tea! (And whiskey) Seriously I'm considering Ohio. I need a new apprentice fish feeder and some spare sheckles.

Wait until you hear me speak, I sound DUMB! (I've heard my voice on radio recordings):nono:

We say you speak American. There is at least some subtle difference. Sidewalk,garbage, and what is j walking? We don't have that, you can run out in front of a truck over here, that's your call!

All i will say, if you get on top of me, make sure I live enough to get back to my fish(y) squared and away. England (the UK) has some nice places. I'm not far from Windsor castle. I want to see the dam. That's a deal.

(You miss 10% of my meaning! that better not lead to dis agreement:ROFLMAO:)

Back on point, have you plugged the machine in yet?

I'll take the other to PM.

The sensor is soaking, it will come online tomorrow night. I've got the usb device charged and ready to roll. For the cost it's offering a good bit. The pH, and NH3 slides do cost $10 a month. I bought the Reef system because I love more numbers, and it was only $50 more. Give me a day. I'll play with how it runs on the network.

I'll take the other to PM.

The sensor is soaking, it will come online tomorrow night. I've got the usb device charged and ready to roll. For the cost it's offering a good bit. The pH, and NH3 slides do cost $10 a month. I bought the Reef system because I love more numbers, and it was only $50 more. Give me a day. I'll play with how it runs on the network.

Agreed on the slating.

Does it control or just monitor? What else does it cover PH, nitrate and? Maybe it could be switched about different systems? (Could be useful)

The directions seem to suggest it can be moved and dropped in multi tanks, but the web system they have modeled wouldn't handle it well.

(You can say stupid) :dance:

At least the full time monitor takes care of some business, what specifically does this unit monitor?
Can it record readings? High/low for example.

Dollars? Dude it took me 10 minutes to find a tape in my garage that measured metric. You'll have to hit the website for currency exchange rates.

I got the Seneye reef, and 3 additional slides for about $210 US dollars. I'm going to guess that's about 170ish pounds?

Back
Top Bottom