Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-02-2006, 06:29 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

lol u could probabably order a pair online for that much. there are a few members who breed them on this site. try a want add in the barter section, u might get lucky.

Old 10-03-2006, 05:26 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

I guess I could do that. Though I've never gotten a fish by mail before, and I am a bit leary of it...

Before I had a tank, I saw some GBR's at a Petco. Haven't seen any for a while, but I'm keeping an eye on that store.

Old 10-03-2006, 06:41 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to JRagg
I missed this thread the first time around. Congrats funk. I know you were looking for either some apistos or rams. They should finish out your tank well.

That is awful expensive normally. I see them for usually about $8 each here. Then again you have what I like to call the "canadian markup" or "exchange rate" for the lay person.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:24 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

well thats why i couldnt turn them down for 10 bucks a peice. espicially the way they looked. the colour in them just keeps getting better and i can see them picking around on the substrate trying to find a place to breed. i still want apistos lol. the "canadian markup is a scam. there is no way to justify the extra expenses that we endure up here. i mean the canadian dollar is only like 10 cents off the american dollar if that so i dont see why it is more expensive. oh well lol.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:29 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to WaterPond Send a message via Yahoo to WaterPond
take a trip down to sarnia. A new LFS just opened up and the guy breeds show quality cichlids and dwarf cichlids. There were some nice cocatoo apistos(wild caught) got 49.99 a peice but i asked if he could order in some other ones that wern't so expensive. He said he could, they would be 9.99 a peice. Really nice fish. I could always buy some and ship them to you once he gets some. they looked like these:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...b6f78&ei=UTF-8

Canadian Aquarium Auction!
WaterPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:33 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to gheitman Send a message via Yahoo to gheitman
I've purchased some fish off of AquaBid.com and been very satisfied with the quality and service. Of course YMMV.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:46 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

lol aquabid is useless for me. practically none of the sellers will send to canada and the fish would be grossly overpriced after shipping. i may just get u to ship me a pair of those guys. very sweet looking.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:27 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to crazyred
Well, I have my Ram pair breeding like crazy so I hope you have the same luck with your pair! They look AWESOME!

55 gal.FW: 4 platies, 3 angelfish, 3 Cochu's blue tetras, 2 Rummynose tetras, 4 A. cacatuoides, 1 A. trifasciata, 2 blue rams, 6 Von Rio tetras, 1 Queen Arabesque pleco

29 Gal. FW: 2 variatus platies, 6 cherry barbs, 10 harlequin rasboras, 1 opaline gourami, 1 hillstream loach, 1 Rio Jari pleco (L-316), 1 GBR

10 Gal. FW: 1 african clawed frog, 1 dwarf flame gourami

10 Gal. FW:tons of blue ram fry

(4) 2 Gal. FW: all four with male bettas
crazyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:53 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

thanks red!! i really hope they make a spawn. i want something other than guppies to breed in my tank.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:48 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Good luck with breeding. I hope one day I find a male and try too.

Tags
pair, rams

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com