Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-03-2009, 05:20 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
Holy cow! 10ft long! I can only dream of the possibilities for a tank like that!! Def need some pictures

beglely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:14 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by WhiteDevil View Post
Lucky, was it a craigslist find? Maybe I should look other then the west and nw burbs for gear.
No, it wasn't a Craigslist find. It was a my brother bought a snake from a guy who knew this guy who had a wife that wanted her garage back find.

Originally Posted by InfernoST View Post
Cool story, did you get any pics of the beast?
My mom took a couple of pictures, but they're on her camera. I'll try to get them soon

Originally Posted by Etunes View Post
The ironic thing is about this whole thing is that he now has this 300g tank is about putting neons in it. I would put some monster fish in that beast. Just something that made me laugh.
Originally Posted by kee View Post
Way to go!! I actually live in Joliet too (small world eh) and if you know of anymore big tanks people want to get rid of let me know!! Also you got to post pictures! Are you really going to put neons in?
I'm not sure what I'm going to put in it yet. I'm fascinated by the Amazon biotope tank at the Shedd Aquarium and I've never seen a really big tank set up with little fish before. My wife is just starting to get into aquariums and she doesn't really care for the big fish. An arrowana or a red tail cat crossed my mind, but I'd like to keep my wife happy and interested. Makes justifying my expensive hobbies a heck of a lot easier. Neons might be a little small, but a school of scissortail rasboras might work.

BigJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:32 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Sweet find, my 10g tank wall (12 tanks total 10 were free) came from the same situation, a friend of a friends wife was raving mad over them being in her house for 10 years empty so his loss was my gain, great score man. Your find perked the wifes ears.

PM me on some DW, ill get pics of my find later when I go rip the rest of the tree out of the ground. Lets just say its a very perfect example of Northern Illinois Manzanita.
WhiteDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:54 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
I agree that a big fish tank with a bunch of small fish would be cool, the thought is just funny. A 9 foot tank with a neon that gets .5 inches. Thats ALOT of neons.
It is all about the oddballs
Etunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Skype™ to Aquarium1
Wow that sounds like a massive tank. Have you thought about what lighting your going to use?
Aquarium1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:17 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
No i want it but i live in Australia so yeah i dont think im going to fly there. I love neons i think thats a great idea maybe some other fish like a black ghost knife fish a beautiful fish and oscar maybe just some segguestions

Jason7894561230 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com