I got the surprise of a lifetime!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Last night, QTOFFER and I attended the monthly meeting of the Greater City Aquarium Society. Since it was the first meeting of the new season, we figured there would be plenty of goodies available at the auction.

I spotted what I thought were some juvenile bristlenose's. Both regular and albino's. I thought I saw 3 regular and 3 albino's. I managed to get in the winning bid :)wink:) and couldn't wait to get them home.

As we all know, pleco's are a complete mess in regard to pooping. What I thought was some bristlenose poop, turned out to be 2 additional bristlenose fry 8O and 1 more albino. The BN fry were so small, I doubt if the breeder who donated them even realized they were in there.

So, I now have 9 new bristlenose's divided unequally between my two tanks (all the fry are in the 75 gal planted tank).

Since I've never had fry in the past, I'm looking for any help possible. :)

Sweet! I'm envous. I am hoping to get a larger aquarium at some point and start to breed tiger or zebra plecos.
I actually fround a website yesterday that had photos of zebra fry. Good luck!

ooohhh babies! I can't get bristlenose around here...it would be a shame if one or two found their way in with my snails ;)

You did good, Jchillin!
Brian NY used to feed his BN fry parboiled chunks of broccoli.
Did you cover your filter intake to protect the tiny fry? I meant to ask you about that last night.

Thanks everyone...pics are indeed forthcoming :).

Hara said:
I can't get bristlenose around here...it would be a shame if one or two found their way in with my snails.

I've heard of snails hitchhiking with shipments of fish...though it's possible that could happen. :wink:

QTOFFER said:
Did you cover your filter intake to protect the tiny fry? I meant to ask you about that last night.

Now you mention it? 8O . Yeah, the intake is covered.

On an unrelated note - I also picked up 5 fancy guppies for my 30 gal. :mrgreen:

I'm jealous! I have fallen in love with fry, they are so cute. Can't wait to see the pics! Congratulations and good luck!

That is the best poop story I've heard in weeks! Very exciting! Congrats ChillllllllI!

Moose

Back
Top Bottom