I won a fishtank! (and won auctions on varios other things!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sudz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey! i just joined the local aquarium club, (www.bac-on.org)
(yes, i'm aware that spells bacon... )

I put in 5 dollars for a raffle, because it was for a good cause (the club) and Lo and behold... I actually WON!

Its a 15 gallon kit, Fully and completely ready... I just need to add gravel and water. It a brand i haven't recognized, but it has a 5 year warranty, and 2 years on the lamp, which is a 16? watt florecent.

Now... if only i coul dhave the winning numbers for 6/49...
I also picked up a "colony" of guppies, but unfortunately, any of the older ones all have bent spines. There is 1 female and 3 males in the youngest generation, an old female with a badly bent spine, I'm thinking of culling her, but she has a big belly, so i'll see what her babies look like first.

I also got 3 new groups of plants! Long grassy Sag's, and 2 mystery plants that were unlabelled that i liked. Ones a ground one, the other is a mix between grass and javafern leaves on long stems... Pics probably tommorow, if not then the weekend.

I'm excited!

Now i just have to work over the parents to let me set up the new tank somewhere OTHER than my room before the floor caves in!

Well... Looks like i'm replacing my old OLD 10 gallon with a shiney new 15 gallon!

My 10 is about 30 years old, i've always had nightmares about it letting go on me!

W00t W00t! shiney new tank with no scratches and brittle silicone, and nice non-home-made light fixtures and bastardized hood! *does the happy dance*

OK: its a Waterhome Ecno 20 fishtank set:

It comes with a 15 gallon glass fishtank
Canopy with snazzy lid and storage, and a 18 watt PC light (10k i think)

Comes with an Eliete Hush 20 HOB filter
and an Elite 100 watt HOB heater
Fishfood, and an instructional Newbie DVD
and a 3 pack of water conditioners.

I have to figure out how to modify the pump to take polyester stuffing, i think i'll be removing the carbon in a few months and ... use it and the filter pack to make a container for polyester.

*does the happy dance*

Back
Top Bottom