ID This Fish! Algae Eater/Pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppygourami

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone! I got a fish tank with this fish recently and was wondering what type it is. There isn't much algae in the tank so what can I feed it before getting Algae tabs?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468435120.431173.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! He moves reaaaally quickly so I thought he might've been a CAE. Could you tell me a bit about this guy?

Swimming vacuum. That's about all I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's an albino pleco, they reach 4-6", have a voracious appetite for anything really, 40% meaty and 60% veggie is fine. They can be aggressive during feeding. Kind of like a line backer..
Oh yah.. they poop like a whole bunch, it's kind of ridiculous really.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's an albino pleco, they reach 4-6", have a voracious appetite for anything really, 40% meaty and 60% veggie is fine. They can be aggressive during feeding. Kind of like a line backer..
Oh yah.. they poop like a whole bunch, it's kind of ridiculous really.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ah, thank you! What should it be fed?

They will eat almost any food that settles on the bottom. You can buy pleco logs, algae wafers, blanched vegetables, frozen bloodworms. Lots of things really. If yo have some frozen/fresh broccoli, carrot, just give them a moment in boiling water. Then cool them and drop a small amount in the tank.

Looks like a Bristlenose Pleco. Mine loved algae wafers good forbid anyone who got in his way! He would barge them lol. Yes poop machine especially in his favourite spot. Definitely get him some bog wood for the fibre. He loved blood worms too brought them frozen.

Back
Top Bottom