Idendification Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeborahAnne

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone,

I bought a few new fish today and I was so excited I rushed out of the store without asking the name of two of the fish, I know one is a dawf Gourami but the other two which are the same breed just different colours I can't find anything about at all, so I'll post a few pics to see if anyone can tell me..

This is the one with the bright blue strip high on his back, the other is same but is a fluorescent orange colour

Attachments

• image-2219547817.jpg
    image-2219547817.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 165
  • image-167220729.jpg
    image-167220729.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 153
youll want to add at least one more they should be kept in groups of 3-5 minimum because they are schooling and will fin nip if not kept in groups. i love the one with the blue stripe :]

youll want to add at least one more they should be kept in groups of 3-5 minimum because they are schooling and will fin nip if not kept in groups. i love the one with the blue stripe :]

I've got 4 other tetras in there and I'm rather upset now as I've just been looking online and I think they may be dyed skirt tetras, it sounds horrible cruel and they did have pink and other colours there.. This sounds awful and I'm rather upset thinking my new fish may be dyed? not that I care now, but apparently the colour fades away IF they survive that long..

the pink one looks like the moonrise pink glo tetra no wonder why ive never seen one with a blue stripe lol im very sorry to hear that :[

They are dyed white skirt tetras, i think of the process as quite inhumane.
They will eventually lose the color, i believe.

I believe they call them 'mixed fruit' tetras. They are normally tattooed white skirt tetras... I hate to say it, but that blue stripe will disappear. Keep an eye on them for infection or poor health. Once they seem healthy enough I am happy to say that they will usually school with any type of medium bodied peaceful tetra so you could do a mix and match of 5 of them of your choice for a total of 7 and have no nipping problems (well every fish is different so it's not 100%) just make sure to over filter the tank.

Back
Top Bottom