Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-07-2009, 12:47 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ok. Sorry, I'm running a little late. As I promised, here are some pictures. Please, excuse the dirty glass. I've left the lights on for a little longer to promote algae growth on the glass and rocks for the PBT to graze on while I'm out of town. I'll be gone for 3 days, I don't know how I'll manage. I didn't want to clean the glass too much because I'm trying to limit the amount of stress I put on the fish by dipping my hands in and running the Mag-float. As of now, all the tangs are eating frozen Spirulina Brine, Mysid, Emerald Entree, and eating different kinds of flakes on top of 3 sheets of nori a day. I've found that if you have different stations to clip the nori, the fish won't have to compete for food, thus reducing stress from aggression. If anyone has any questions, please, please ask away! Anyway, here are some pics. Please, enjoy!

Here's some extras. I just ordered a cheap-o macro lens kit for my Canon SLR. My dad's 180 Trigger Tank.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:49 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

Old 07-07-2009, 01:15 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

only questions i have is what's your address and how much is admission?

beautiful fish. cant wait to be able to have sw myself someday. as soon as i hit the lottery lol
Old 07-07-2009, 01:18 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishEggs View Post
only questions i have is what's your address and how much is admission?

beautiful fish. cant wait to be able to have sw myself someday. as soon as i hit the lottery lol
Haha, thanks. I think I'm gonna have to start charging my friends admission so I can pay for food. These guys eat nonstop. If you ever win the lottery, I'll be happy to tell you my address and give you a quote for admission.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:13 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

How long have you had the PBT and how would you rate it's aggression toward the other tangs?
Old 07-07-2009, 03:25 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

I've had the PBT since Thursday. I bought it from Saltwaterfish.com. When I opened the package it was flat on it's side, which is common behavior for a stressed tang, but it looked like it was hyperventilating. It is hands down the most dominant fish in the tank. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the least aggressive, 10 being the most.) I would give it a 5. All the tangs "flash" each other when they get annoyed, they wave their tales occasionally, but it looks more like a bluff than an actual swing. The PBT was the last fish introduced during acclimation and all the tangs were added simultaneously within an hour--15 minute intervals. Now, I only give it a 5 towards the tangs in the tank. If I wanted to add another tang, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't last a week in the tank. I've taken a couple of extra cautionary procedures to limit the amount of aggression in the tank.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:27 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

I made it seem a little confusing--maybe a lot--but I drip acclimated for 3 hours, and when I added the fish I added one fish then waited 15 minutes and so on and so forth.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:48 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Very nice fish, they seem to have some personalities.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:40 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks for the reply. so the PBT can hold it's own even if it's the last one in the tank. That's good to know.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:29 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

From what I've researched, there are 2 kinds of PBTs. You either get a skittish one that is in really bad condition and will die or you get one that is a real terd and will be the dominant fish and live. I guess I got lucky. They're supposed to actually be pretty hardy once they get accustomed to living in an aquarium. Are you thinking of getting one?

Tags
lieutenant, naso, new fish, orangeshoulder, powder, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com