Is this an african dwarf frog?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woodsplace1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Husband bought an african dwarf frog without me knowing, he said it was an african dwarf albino but haven't ever heard of that before. any ideas? can't be albino because it isn't white, just an african dwarf? can this be harmful to my pregnant molly about to deliver her fry?

Yes that is a dwarf African frog, but certainly not albino. A true albino will have reddish/pink eyes and typically white, but some yellow or pink may show through on the skin.

The frog is as much of a threat to the fry as the mother is, but is not a threat to any adults. Feed bloodworms about twice a week for the frog.

I had my dwarf african frog attack a SICK fish. It was a Harlequin rasbora, and it was belly sliding. (swim bladder infection) Other than that, they eat eggs of fish, and the odd fry may be target to some spot hunger, But i've had 2 with guppies and never had any problems. They're pretty lanky and awkward.

I second TCTFish's Opinion. When i fed freeze dried dehydrated bloodworms, it made the frogs float to the top! they would EVENTUALLY "burp" but it was disturbing none the less (watching them struggle to swim down)

I ended up getting the frozen bloodworms and the fish kept eating all of them :? ...how do I get it to the frog before the fish get it...I tried even keeping it in my hand and putting it down right in front of the frog but he is new to the tank. The fish are just so quick, gobble, gobble, gobble them all up...Any ideas on how to get the frog to eat it before the fish do?

Try offering both flake and bloodworms at the same time and just swish everything in the tank. The fish, though they will try, cannot be everywhere at the same time...LOL.

thanks...tried your tactic and worked great! I then put some right in front of the frog and he ate them up like candy...thanks for the great advice!!!!

I have 3 of the African Dwarf Frogs. I used to have a Black Ghost Knife and it was suggested that I thaw the frozen blood worms in a cup of water and suck up the solution in a turkey baster and squirt it into the tank near the fish in order to help keep it away from the others. I use the technique with the frogs as well and it works great. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom