Just acquired some Cockatoo Apistos and Pygmy Cories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gheitman

Aquarium Advice Addict
My LFS just got in a new batch of Apistogrammas from their overseas distributors. I traded in my 6 Bronze Cories, 10 Dalmatian Lyretail Mollies and 2 SAEs for 4 Cockatoo Apistos, 5 Pygmy Cories and an Oto (as well as a Bristlenose Pleco for another tank).

I think I got 1 male Apisto and 3 females. I'm hoping that they will spawn. Does anyone have any suggestions on food to encourage this? I don't have room in my apartment to raise live foods but I normally give my fish frozen foods like brine shrimp or blood worms 3 or 4 times a week. The rest of the time I feed them New Life Spectrum and Hikari foods for the most part.

I love them! Do your apistos and corys get along well? I'm hesitating between adding them or bolivian rams for my tank... I was nervous the apistogramma cacatuoides could get violent with the corys..... they look so good though!

I was told that if you feed often (live foods if possible) and water changes 3 times a week, that it will incourage them to spawn.

I am doing that right now with my ram tank and I hope it works.

BTW, that male Apisto is beautiful. Good luck!

They all get along very well. The apistos ignore the pygmy cories for the most part. I have never seen them get aggressive towards the little guys at all.

Back
Top Bottom