Just bought a 320ltr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pauldadams1984

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys I have just bought this tank and stand and was after advice.... It comes with fish and its a 35mile trip down a motor way and country roads.

Obviously I need to remove everything from the tank.... Separate fish and filters. Keep filter media watered.

I have a small 38litre tank at the moment... Should I put the new fish in that tank for an hour or so until the new one is back up and running? It will certainly overcrowd the smaller tank for that hour Screenshot_20181202-191523.jpg

I would keep the fish in a big styrofoam ice chest w/battery operated air pump & air stone, while getting the new tank up & running. You might be exposing the fish in the small tank to disease if you put the new ones in with them. Good luck with the move.

Well i collected it.... I nearly refused to take it..... What a mess it was in.... That pic must have been taken 2-3 years ago. Doubt it had been cleaned out since. The fish were colourless and the tank was full of algae.. And I mean full! I washed a brown plant out and found out it was originally green.... I chucked the plants.. Real and fake.

I took it though. Mainly to save the fish.

I have reluctantly put a cave back in that's got algae after cleaning it, mainly cos of the plec.

I doubt the filter bacteria will have survived due to time it took... I also had to wash it out in treated water. Took me 6hours to get it to a livable state... Fish have survived so far but its gonna be a long road

Back
Top Bottom