Just couldn't resist.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I put the fish in the tank this weekend. The other tang and angel stayed away...lol. The size difference is pretty obvious.

pbt1_6-08.jpg

pbt2_6-08.jpg

And most of my fish are in this pic except the watchman, male clown (he's in the anemone guarding the eggs) and 2 dispars.
pbt3_6-08.jpg

He looks really good. I am very happy with my recent addition of a powder brown. Mine is still eating really good after being added to the main. I am sure yours is too. They are awesome looking fish. Especially when they flare their fins up with that nice orange stripe and flourescent blue outline.

Great pics. I see you have 'finger football' nor fold down perfectly. How do you keep the clip in place? My tang and foxface pull mine of the glass sometimes as they rip a piece off.

Thanks all.

The football works nice ;) The clip is zip tied to a small piece of lr. I use a long piece of rigid airline with a plastic hook on the end to put it in the tank and pull out the empty clip. I just hook the zip tie. It works great. I don't even get my hands wet. The fish know the airline means food and they go wild as soon as I put it in to pull out the empty clip.

I have been doing that football trick to after seeing a thread about it on here. It has been working great for my two tangs. Are you suposed to put the Nori towards the bottom of the tank? I typically see it down there, but I just put the suction cup right at the surface. Does it make any difference whatsoever?

My fish don't care where I put it as long as it's nor directly in front of a PH :)

I usually affix it somehwere in the top 2/3 of the front glass. Putting it ont he bottom like that is a more natural placement. I might even try that this weekend.

I figured I would update this with how the fish is doing now. This is the meanest fish I have ever had....by far.
It doesn't endlessly chase any fish, but it "goes after" everything. When I feed nori, it is the first to feed. It won't let anything near it till it's done. Then, it will swim away, the others will come in and try to eat, but the tang will come back, chase them away and just hover there.
During the day, it will swim around, then take a lunge at the other tang or angel. It's just like the school bully who scares the other kids....lol. The only fish it doesn't bother are clowns. The bartlett anthias don't seem to be bothered by it, but the dispars all hide when it swims near them. It also must have found the cave for my watchman/pistol shrimp in the back of the tank somwhere. It will disappear behind the rocks, I'll hear the pistol snap and then the tang will swim back out in the open.

All in all, a great looking fish, but I would call it pretty aggressive.

At least it doesn't sound like it is harming anything. I must have got lucky with my Powder Brown because it does not bully my other Tang or anything at all. I guess that goes to show that there are always exceptions to the rule.... not all "peacefull" fish are peacefull and not all "aggressive" fish are aggressive. Those are just generalizations, because sometimes it comes down to the individual fish not the species as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom